British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

6 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I wonder if that came into the thinking when leaving him out of the SON which in effect is a pairs tournament?

Team riding is a lost art that only older fans, like myself,  have seen and enjoyed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Last nights comeback from Panthers was incredible, however I am certain BV  fans would be screaming foul if and leeway given to Panthers for Final

Probably as most remember the Bjerre situation that cost us against Coventry.

The medics will know if Hansi was knocked out or received ”just” a bang to the head - so everyone speculating should just wait to hear if he will be riding or not.

They have done last minute rule changes in the past (usually involving Poole!) and it just taints the result IMHO - better to win or lose fairly within the rules.  So the only way Lewis Kerr will ride for Peterborough is if MPT doesn’t!

it’s all to play for and a difficult one to call (if you look at the league scores).  I would like to see Dad’s Army win it just because most people wrote them off at the start of the season. If BV win, I won’t be disappointed though!

Good luck to both teams and if the meeting is as good as at the NSS, I will be well happy.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Team riding is a lost art that only older fans, like myself,  have seen and enjoyed.

And that is a sad fact mate, meetings were far better when teams rode as teams instead of seven individuals, Harris and Nicholls showed a bit last night though.

Edited by bellevueace

so with MPT falling and withdrawing from meeting tonight also palin reported to have been involved in a big crash at leicester also how can peterboro replace if they are unfit along with Andersen ???? 

• Sad 1

Hans not racing for Leicester if the official reason is concussion then he can't ride Thursday no matter what anybody says.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Looks like MPT struggling on the tighter Edinburgb track tonight 

Fell tonight. Physically couldn’t pick his bike up from shale. Shame for him. Hope he is okay for Peterborough.

Just now, KeirStarmerFan said:

BV's title win will be the most shallow victory in the history of British Speedway.

I think there is a lot of grit and courage in this Panthers team. They deserve this title.

• Like 1