British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

54 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Who ever wins Thursday will be deserved champions.  No excuses from me if kurtz being out costs us, its part of sport unfortunately, same for the Panthers.

What nonsense.

Belle Vue are missing one rider, who may end up riding.

Peterborough have Toft with two fingers, Andersen who has banged his head and Ulrich out injured.

Panthers are significantly weaker. 3 riders injured is more than 1.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He might

He won't concussion 9 days out :nono:

6 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Will you be at Peterborough with the 10 or so Aces fans that normally attend at the showground?

Yes I will and belle vue are taking 2 coaches  to Peterborough.  

2 hours ago, NSS1 said:

He won't concussion 9 days out :nono:

Yes It states on official recacard on Bspa site he was withdrawn due to concussion. So this weakens Peterborough massively and no adequate replacement available. I have no idea why you would have a rule stopping you from using a rider from a team that was beaten in the semi final therefore no longer in the playoffs. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes It states on official recacard on Bspa site he was withdrawn due to concussion. So this weakens Peterborough massively and no adequate replacement available. I have no idea why you would have a rule stopping you from using a rider from a team that was beaten in the semi final therefore no longer in the playoffs. 

Even more so in a sport that allows riders to ride for all and sundry all season on an adhoc basis, and both finalists will no doubt have benefitted during "qualifying" by using any other teams' riders when the need arised...

"Completely Contrived" or... 

"Not quite as Completely Contrived"...

Doesnt really make much difference does it? 

Therefore just get two seven man teams out using the rules that have been used in getting both teams to the final.. 

Be sad if the final ends up one sided due to injuries, especially after leg one of The Final produced so much..

• Like 2

Don’t think this is over at all. The Peterborough team showed great fighting spirit on Monday if they carry that on into tomorrow’s meeting who knows ?. It’s all to play for . For the fans of both sides attending I hope it’s as good as the first leg . May the best team win good luck to both sides 

Palin had a bad crash at Leicester last night but reports suggest no damage done although his bike will need extensive repairs apparently. 

Just now, Panthers99 said:

Harris guesting for Hans tonight at Poole. Please Bomber, no dramas!

Oh god 

2 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

I am hoping he will be thinking about tomorrow when he is considering a daring pass 

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am hoping he will be thinking about tomorrow when he is considering a daring pass 

Sure Aces fans are similar with Worrall, anymore injuries to either side and it becomes a bit of a joke with putting together a side 

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would be VERY surprised if he does... 

Not in his make up I would say...

• Like 1

Interesting that Pearson and Tatum on the No Brakes, No Fear podcast, said that all other 4 teams riders are available to guest. Also Schlein said that Hans has had to pull out of his farewell meeting due to injury.

Edited by Panther1997

13 hours ago, Rob B said:

If he rides then speedway are not taking head injuries seriously as he was clearly knocked out. 

All they showed on TV was his crash and then him walking away, albeit a bit gingerly, so how do you know

34 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

I can't believe this is being allowed to happen with situation we are in..