British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

10 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Interesting that Pearson and Tatum on the No Brakes, No Fear podcast, said that all other 4 teams riders are available to guest. Also Schlein said that Hans has had to pull out of his farewell meeting due to injury.

If true game changer

Whatever team we put out Thursday night will do us proud I'm sure. As did the team tonight. To get within two points of BV with an injured number 1, Hans withdrawing after one ride and a guest who only scored 1 point speaks volumes. Probably one of the most consistent and exciting teams we have ever had! 

20 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Interesting that Pearson and Tatum on the No Brakes, No Fear podcast, said that all other 4 teams riders are available to guest. Also Schlein said that Hans has had to pull out of his farewell meeting due to injury.

So why didn't we get a guest on Monday and likewise for Belle Vue then. Wouldn't be the first time the chuckle brothers got something wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

What nonsense.

Belle Vue are missing one rider, who may end up riding.

Peterborough have Toft with two fingers, Andersen who has banged his head and Ulrich out injured.

Panthers are significantly weaker. 3 riders injured is more than 1.

Where did I say that Belle Vue had more missing than Peterborough.  I said it's part of sport, many teams have lost due to weakened teams over years including Belle Vue.

8 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

What nonsense.

Belle Vue are missing one rider, who may end up riding.

Peterborough have Toft with two fingers, Andersen who has banged his head and Ulrich out injured.

Panthers are significantly weaker. 3 riders injured is more than 1.

Peterborough have gained advantage from having rr for oystercard all year, 

There should be some sort of maximum limit of matches you can use rr, especially if it's known there season is over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Yes It states on official recacard on Bspa site he was withdrawn due to concussion. So this weakens Peterborough massively and no adequate replacement available. I have no idea why you would have a rule stopping you from using a rider from a team that was beaten in the semi final therefore no longer in the playoffs. 

I think the rule had merit, but needs adapting, especially with only 6 teams in the league.  I think In the playoffs the 8 day rule needs scraping for home matches and the guest rule should be allowed from teams who exit playoffs at the semi final stage, but maybe limit a rider only guesting for 1 team.

30 minutes ago, crazyb said:

All they showed on TV was his crash and then him walking away, albeit a bit gingerly, so how do you know

Erm maybe, just maybe Rob went to the meeting live.

I was there and the first thing I said was he's been knocked our there, and was a great relief when  he finally sat up.

5 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

There should be some sort of maximum limit of matches you can use rr, especially if it's known there season is over.

I agree with you to a point. Panthers did try and replace him and two moves they made fell through.  

9 hours ago, Rob B said:

Yes I thought that, 10 bit of an underestimate, there was about 20 of them :) For a play off final I couldn't believe it. 

For normal league meetings there is about 50 or so at Peterborough, you will have seen us all hanging over the fence celebrating the Aces wins there.

On Thursday there will more likely be 200+, there is 2 coaches coming down.

Probably the Peterborough supporters were still driving around trying to find somewhere to park that was safe 

• Haha 3

Pickering and Douglas..........

Would be perfect guests if they can use riders from wolves and Sheffield.

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

Just now, Flappy said:

I agree with you to a point. Panthers did try and replace him and two moves they made fell through.  

Oh, I'm not having a go, this year it was really hard to get anyone over. 

I'm sure a champ team did it in 2019 and gained all season from it. 

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I disagree with that completely....another throwaway comment with no substance..

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Pickering and Douglas..........

Would be perfect guests if they can use riders from wolves and Sheffield.

Pearson and tatum were just getting the rules wrong again,I've they do everywhere. 

Unfortunately we can't get a guest from any of the play off teams, even after they are knocked out, which I think is crazy really 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrismorton said:

I disagree with that completely....another throwaway comment with no substance..

Absolutely  not a throw away comment. 

I think most people know that ulrich wouldn't have kept up his form, but we will never know I suppose. But you have gained from it, cant deny that. 

Not saying that's the only reason you won, you deserve to be champs