British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Pickering and Douglas..........

Would be perfect guests if they can use riders from wolves and Sheffield.

Seems barmy why they can't...

I get it no 'dispensation' allowed for teams in sports where The Final means something from a large positive financial point of view, and was going to be watched by millions which brought massive publicity for the teams and sport, or meant one team moving up a division to a higher, more lucrative level...

But unfortunately for Speedway it means none of the above...

Therefore just follow the rules set down which are used every single week of the season and have a close entertaining 2nd Leg .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Such a shame there's so much bitterness and sniping building within this thread, no need for it really, on Monday we were treated to what has been described as one of the best meetings in recent years, the scores are finely balanced and fingers crossed we will get more of the same tomorrow evening.  Whoever wins will deserve the victory, Peterborough have had some tough luck but so have Belle Vue, that's speedway.   

As far as I'm aware no team has cheated their way to the final, as unfortunate as the injury to Hans is it occurred after the final had commenced, just like if it had happened tomorrow evening, the final is underway and both teams just have to make do with whatever changes they can make that fall within the existing rules, no special dispensation should be allowed imo.  Would say the same whichever team I supported.

Obviously the usual trolls chip in with their stupid comments, one even claiming the Belle Vue doctor isn't a proper doctor and that Hans should ride in the 2nd leg, if he was knocked out then he cannot ride, it wouldn't be fair on himself or any other rider taking to the track.  

Here's hoping we get to see some great racing in front of a bumper crowd, whoever wins will be crowned champions and will deserve the accolade. 

the most sensible post I have read on hear for a while

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Only watched highlights last night, but unfortunately looked like hans was knocked out for a few seconds as soon as his head hit the track very hard, slide across the track motionless, thankfully he got up to walk away, but looked very groggy

I thought the same to be fair, there was a slow motion replay and by the looks of it he was motionless soon as his helmet hit the track, so looked to me like he was knocked cold there and then, dunno how long for tho.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

B/vue have done nothing wrong explain what they have done ??? if you are hoping what the chuckle brothers have said you are deluded read the the rules you may get special dispensation to get wolves/Sheffield riders ? that's the only way otherwise its stick to the rules :nono:

When did rules ever exist in British Speedway?

2 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I'm worried about Cook guesting to be honest.

Think he may have too much sentiment towards the Belle Vue fans.

Here we go, you just can't help yourself can you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I have no doubts about his professionalism at all.  Actually think this is a very good move.

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Bickering can stop then. Cook will ride 3 to replace Hans 

No mention of Hans though...B)

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Hope Pearson and Tatum are right because Belle Vue don't deserve anything.

Rob should be on the phone to Douglas and Pickering imo.

How do Belle Vue not deserve anything?  If we win it we deserve it, if we don't then we don't.

13 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Shouldn’t reply to this clown but Cook has no sentiment towards Belle Vue, the complete opposite he will be fired up to put one over them.