British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

Shouldn’t reply to this clown but Cook has no sentiment towards Belle Vue, the complete opposite he will be fired up to put one over them. 

Shouldn’t reply to this clown but Cook has sentiment towards Belle Vue fans.

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Shouldn’t reply to this clown but Cook has no sentiment towards Belle Vue, the complete opposite he will be fired up to put one over them. 

But you did, and you are all taking the bait...:D

• Like 2

1. MPT

2. Ostergaard R/R

3. Cook

4. Nicholls 

5. Bomber

6. Pedersen

7. Palin

All can take the R/R ride then.

• Like 1

Posting on Twitter, he wrote: “After eight years at Belle Vue I am not in the 2019 side.

“I am disappointed to learn this from a reliable third party and not directly from the club despite many calls with ML (team manager Mark Lemon). I now have to move on. Love to staff, friends, sponsors and fans. I will miss you all.”

Cook insists he didn’t seek to leave the club. He added: “Further to my earlier tweet and to respond to some messages - for the record I did not want to leave BV and would have happily celebrated my testimonial there.

“I wasn’t talking to ANYONE about a move. I have now had to move to secure my future but it was never part of my 2019 plan.”

17 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

No mention of Hans though...B)

I thought the same reading it , there maybe more to this saga to come especially as it stated more info on riding order to follow on match day 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

I thought the same reading it , there maybe more to this saga to come especially as it stated more info on riding order to follow on match day 

Have to agree 

6 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

1. MPT

2. Ostergaard R/R

3. Cook

4. Nicholls 

5. Bomber

6. Pedersen

7. Palin

All can take the R/R ride then.

My thoughts or Hans is declared unfit then Cook for Ully and RR for Hans

30 minutes ago, TheTriggerer said:

I'm worried about Cook guesting to be honest.

Think he may have too much sentiment towards the Belle Vue fans.

Craig will give 100% for whatever team he rides for

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Really glad to see that whatever the issues with Craig Cook were, they have been resolved.

This is by far the best option within the existing rules and leaves no-one open to claims of cheating or being massively under strength.

Just hope the various riders riding tonight come through unscathed... and MPT will be ok after having to pull out last night (why the hell was he riding in a foregone conclusion match???)

Then I hope we can all look forward to a close and exciting 2nd leg... with the best team coming out on top.

Good luck to both teams...

Edited by Eagle77
Spelling!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Oh, I'm not having a go, this year it was really hard to get anyone over. 

I'm sure a champ team did it in 2019 and gained all season from it. 

White City did it in 1977 using R/R for Dag Lovaas all season and won the title.  

Bizarrely Craig couldn’t guest for Hans in the championship as he is too good. Rub of the green once again going against the Aces. What next?

Must ask Rob Lyon what his lottery numbers are.

Congratulations to the Panthers and commiserations to the luckless Aces. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nw42 said:

Such a shame there's so much bitterness and sniping building within this thread, no need for it really, on Monday we were treated to what has been described as one of the best meetings in recent years, the scores are finely balanced and fingers crossed we will get more of the same tomorrow evening.  Whoever wins will deserve the victory, Peterborough have had some tough luck but so have Belle Vue, that's speedway.   

As far as I'm aware no team has cheated their way to the final, as unfortunate as the injury to Hans is it occurred after the final had commenced, just like if it had happened tomorrow evening, the final is underway and both teams just have to make do with whatever changes they can make that fall within the existing rules, no special dispensation should be allowed imo.  Would say the same whichever team I supported.

Obviously the usual trolls chip in with their stupid comments, one even claiming the Belle Vue doctor isn't a proper doctor and that Hans should ride in the 2nd leg, if he was knocked out then he cannot ride, it wouldn't be fair on himself or any other rider taking to the track.  

Here's hoping we get to see some great racing in front of a bumper crowd, whoever wins will be crowned champions and will deserve the accolade. 

*Cough* Poole*Cough

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ouch said:

Bizarrely Craig couldn’t guest for Hans in the championship as he is too good. Rub of the green once again going against the Aces. What next?

Must ask Rob Lyon what his lottery numbers are.

Congratulations to the Panthers and commiserations to the luckless Aces. 

Oh woe is me, you're as bad as the Peterborough clown with your defeatist tripe.  It's a nicely poised final, can go either way and whoever wins will deserve it.