British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

12 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Well, whatever rider shows up, whatever the outcome (although I hope a Panthers win), let's hope for a meeting similar to Monday. 

Amen to that

8 minutes ago, TheTriggerer said:

1. MPT

2. Cook

3. Andersen

4. Nicholls

5. Harris

6. Pedersen

7. Palin

Even a couple of Polish Ekstraliga sides wouldn't beat that 1-7.

:nono:

4 hours ago, TINYS said:

He can't 9 day rule.

is it a straight 9 days or does it go on age still?

26 minutes ago, TheTriggerer said:

Woke doctor on the Belle Vue payroll isn't going to stop him.

Hans is going to get a second unbiased opinion.

Whatever numpty 

2 hours ago, Eagle77 said:

Not quite the whole season... they brought Marek Cieslak in for the last couple of months...

I was at Wolverhampton on the Sunday afternoon that The Rebels won to clinch the title... and if I remember correctly it was Trevor Geer who scored the points to secure the win. 

Beowulf is correct in that R/R was used the whole season. Cieslak rode the whole season also - some 40+ meetings

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

However long does that rule last for? Riders carry injuries for months

IRR is for any injury incurred in that said meeting.  Now how you would police that I don't really no.

28 minutes ago, stevehone said:

is it a straight 9 days or does it go on age still?

Mandatory concussion suspension goes on age for younger riders.

23 days for 15 year olds

12 days for 16-19 year olds

9 days for anyone over 19.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

:D

You hope it's a zero without a One in front of it... :D

Always makes for good TV when Cookie rides well...  :)

It's a final Mike, let's be honest I want Belle Vue to win I don't care about being entertained on Thursday.  I want cook to have an absolute nightmare of a meeting, 4 engine failures will do me fine lol 

• Haha 2

Apart from people saying 'concussion' I'm not sure we've had any medical confirmation that that is what he is suffering from.  As is said before, it's not just being knocked out or having a bang on the head.  As for Cook, if he misses the start he often just gave up when I saw him this year, so Panthers cannot count on anything there - it is all adding to the interest for this tie though and I can't wait to see it unfold.  

1 minute ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Apart from people saying 'concussion' I'm not sure we've had any medical confirmation that that is what he is suffering from.  As is said before, it's not just being knocked out or having a bang on the head.  As for Cook, if he misses the start he often just gave up when I saw him this year, so Panthers cannot count on anything there - it is all adding to the interest for this tie though and I can't wait to see it unfold.  

I think Leicester used that last night as the official reason he didn't ride for them.  Also the official paperwork to the ref on Monday from the Clerk of the course said withdrawn due to concussion.

22 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Don't think any Panthers fans other than the absolute tool that's Keir Starmer, King of the Track and The Triggerer. We're still 50/50 and Cook is better than any other guest we could have hoped for.

31 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I think Leicester used that last night as the official reason he didn't ride for them.  Also the official paperwork to the ref on Monday from the Clerk of the course said withdrawn due to concussion.

Yeah, I read that, but neither of them are medical professionals and surely Peterborough would have explained that in their announcement if that was the case.  It's a bit like when they say a rider has the flu when in fact all they have is a cold.