British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

48 minutes ago, nw42 said:

So did I mate, so did I,  the rot set in when Lemon put 2 reserves out at the point where we could've built on the start we'd made.  From there on in it was one way traffic.

Think tonight showed that the RS system has  been a success for some riders Palin was good for a 1* but the best RS for the season has to be Tom Brennan he will go far if he steers clear of injuries, rode so well tonight when under pressure in races and he was in the end Bewley best back up 

What we have over here and provided in the last month has been very good. We need more meetings of this calibre with crowds and TV exposure

• Like 3

Understand that col mate but  unfortunately the top riders choose to race there so in my eyes racing against the top lads makes you sharper 

9 minutes ago, Col said:

You think Elitserin is better than what we have? From what I've watched, it's predictable with very uneven teams & the racing is generally poor.

It obviously pays worthwhile as most of the top GP riders returned towards the end of the year... that saidt he use of squads means riders don't always get called upon. Don't think Lejonen used Lambert for the last half of the season until the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Well done to the Panthers. Well deserved...... Hope Buster and Dale give a thought for The Stars when picking a team for 2022

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

What we have over here and provided in the last month has been very good. We need more meetings of this calibre with crowds and TV exposure

Unfortunately that is the regular comment every year post play off time...

A fantastic sport, sadly undermined and undersold by the very ones who underpin it with cash...

Can never cross over into mainstream sports or wider media due to the way it's ran, but still a great spectacle and night out if you don't take the team element too seriously and just enjoy what can truly be (uniquely) a breathtaking sport....

As shown particularly on Monday and to a lesser, (but still entertaining enough), degree tonight...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Probably only made seven medals and Hans has got one...

Needed 9 The 7 Panthers , Cook and Kerr the East Anglian support riders

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Cook played his part. Big thanks to him same with Kerr 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well done to the Panthers. Well deserved...... Hope Buster and Dale give a thought for The Stars when picking a team for 2022

That must hurt saying that but i hope the Stars fans are given a team to be proud of in 2022 at least Lewis did his bit in assisting the Panthers during there hour of need ,i think he would of been riding tonight but for the rules.

Edited by scoobydoo

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

By the end of every season, whoever are the Champions need to make around a dozen medals or more to give to all who have guested and helped them to win the title... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

That must hurt saying that but i hope the Stars fans are given a team to be proud of in 2022 at least Lewis did his bit in assisting the Panthers during there hour of need ,i think he would of been riding tonight but for the rules.

I was in agony ;)

11 hours ago, Flappy said:

Cook played his part. Big thanks to him same with Kerr 

He was doing well until that bike issue on the line after that he seemed to lose interest a bit ,think he departed as he has a long journey home and maybe needs some more repairs before his meeting for Glasgow tomorrow night

Edited by scoobydoo

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

By the end of every season, whoever are the Champions need to make around a dozen medals or more to give to all who have guested and helped them to win the title... :D

If thats the case over half of Kings Lynns team get a winners medal ,Jorgensen Riss Mountain and Kerr .

• Haha 5

Well done to the Peterborough and Belle Vue.  A really good final and 2 great matches.  

Feels really good to say ‘Panthers’ 2021 champions 

Everyone from the Management to the team and to the guests we've had along the way deserve a massive pat on the back.

Thank you everyone. 

We've had some banter on the forum this year and I hope members will realise I'm only joking half of the time rather than taking it serious. Roll on 2022.

PANTHERS4LIFE

12 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Unfortunately that is the regular comment every year post play off time...

A fantastic sport, sadly undermined and undersold by the very ones who underpin it with cash... 

If only there were more ready to underpin it with cash!  What tonight showed was that close meetings with racing that's not first from the gate will attract the fans. I can honestly say t of hat the meetings I have attended this season very few, if any, were like this. Speedway has the home advantage problem - if only more were like Belle Vue and to some extent the Showground.

I hope Lynn and Ipswich do better next season as well. There needs to be persistent competition throughout the season

I fear that we're going to have a riser shortage next season and that may create further problems - we've seen clubs struggle with rider demands this season. I do hope the powers that control the sport take a rational view. This final has shown us what a great sport speedway can be.