British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

Just now, cambpanther said:

He had a hospital appointment back in denmark so couldnt make it

Such a shame as he was as much apart of the whole success as anyone pity he couldn't rearrange it 

Both Ulrich and Hans were apart of the last Peterborough league title success in 2006 not many riders can say that they did that riding for the same team and 15 years apart

• Like 1

I have to say congratulations to Peterborough becoming champions, which is deserved and they have been the best team all season. However, i have to say that BV were the authors of their own downfall, and gifted the title to Peterborough through naiveity, which is very disappointing. The tie was decided at the NSS, when instead of defending a ten point lead which would maybe be one hand on the trophy, BV went out to win the race and not packing the minor places. Peterborough coped admirably with their injury to Ulrich and Hans, which most teams do not given the same circumstances. BTW to that Peterborough fan who asked me if i was  going before the last race, no i wasn't. I was going to the track shop where i watched the last race, (and spent money) in order to get out of a nightmare car park before embarking on a three hour journey home, arriving at 1.30am and getting up at 5am for work. Did you do likewise on Monday night?, i suspect not. As i have said, congratulations to Peterborough on a fully deserved title.

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

What a night,, what an atmosphere,,, I went there as a neutral,,, but after bout 3 races I was shouting the Panthers riders on like they were my own team, first time standing on back straight and it looked so fast in the dark. 

Really pleased for the Panthers fans,, and to be honest a bit jealous my team never seem to have the bottle to see things through,,,, also commiserations to Aces fans,,, I know how you feel,, its been a long time.   Oh and that's all fans bar Geoff/NSS1,, he's a total plank, that we won't see again for a few months. 

Lets hope 2022 brings more East Anglian success , shouting for the Panthers wow,  did you buy a Dads Army hat and show your colours , have a feeling your right about NSS1 will reappear with another username in a good few weeks from now.

24 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Any idea of attendances at both legs..Boro looked full.?

I liked the bike cams, good tv presentation.

Belle Vue was about 2700 just short of being full.

Peterborough I’d say about 3500? That included about 300+ Belle Vue fans who travelled compared to the 20 Peterborough fans who travelled  to Belle Vue. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Think it's actually obvious. Better standard of speedway, lot's of passing, riders people can relate to, fair pricing and most importantly marketing and promoting. Look how the final was all over social media 

Well that'll please him to know that he missed the obvious. Better standard than 2006, interesting one! Suggesting that he didn't market or promote will make him spit his tea out although a fair point about more mechanisms these days. The obvious and most important, no secret over decades at Peterborough is a winning team. Add to that less fixtures and a reasonably consistent fixture list (without the traditional EoES feast or famine speedway) and people wanting live entertainment after a year of nothingness then 2021 had a lot going for it. Hopefully that continues and we'll review it same time next year.

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Peterborough I’d say about 3500? That included about 300+ Belle Vue fans who travelled compared to the 20 Peterborough fans who travelled  to Belle Vue. 

Certainly a made a good atmosphere on the back straight so credit there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

So more Belle Vue fans travelled than Boro so your point is what.

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Nice little dig there, shame the 300+ couldn't win you the title

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Nice little dig there, shame the 300+ couldn't win you the title

It’s called supporting your team, all those Peterborough fans coming out of the woodwork last night but hardly any could be bothered travelling supporting their team on Monday. 

20 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Well that'll please him to know that he missed the obvious. Better standard than 2006, interesting one! Suggesting that he didn't market or promote will make him spit his tea out although a fair point about more mechanisms these days. The obvious and most important, no secret over decades at Peterborough is a winning team. Add to that less fixtures and a reasonably consistent fixture list (without the traditional EoES feast or famine speedway) and people wanting live entertainment after a year of nothingness then 2021 had a lot going for it. Hopefully that continues and we'll review it same time next year.

Social media is key.  People fell in love with the Dad's Army boys, far easier to market 

We won the fans!!!!

(One for any League Of Gentlemen fans out there)...:D

Edited by mikebv

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Social media is key.  People fell in love with the Dad's Army boys, far easier to market 

Whoever it was that first dubbed the team Dads Army clearly was being a bit disrespectful towards the riders but little did they know the result of there remark would  result in a very good marketing gimic of a speedway team in many a year , need to sign as many young riders as possible next season then its Baby Faced Assassins 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

We won the fans!!!!

(One for any League Of Gentlemen fans out there)...:D

But Buster Chapman made the most money from the attending fan numbers so thats 2-1  to Peterborough now :D

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Any idea of attendances at both legs..Boro looked full.?

I liked the bike cams, good tv presentation.

Don’t know for Belle Vue but Peterborough between 3000 and 3500.