British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

Don't agree with play off's if you finish top you win the league so i'm pleased Peterboro won.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

His average isn't really that inflated, because part of it still comes from 2019 fixtures.

No he started on an assessed 4.00 average, that's why it shot up to 7.09 after his good performances at reserve as wasn't rolling.

Trying to remember why he started on assessed average though when he has been riding over here for years?

25 minutes ago, Rob B said:

No he started on an assessed 4.00 average, that's why it shot up to 7.09 after his good performances at reserve as wasn't rolling.

Trying to remember why he started on assessed average though when he has been riding over here for years?

You are wrong. His latest greensheet includes 10 matches from this season and 4 from 2019. 

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

You are wrong. His latest greensheet includes 10 matches from this season and 4 from 2019. 

Where does it show that. Why only 4 from 2019? He must have had an average before that?

Just now, Rob B said:

Where does it show that. Why only 4 from 2019? He must have had an average before that?

Because he only rode 4 matches in 2019 (17 rides 21 points)

Add these to his 2021 scores (10m, 49 rides, 96 pts)

And you get his current GSA

66 rides 117 pts = 7.09

Where has KSF gone? I thought he might have been giving it the big un today. Or maybe just maybe KSF and NSS1 have got a room 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Rob B still chewing on those sour grapes I see. 

Sour grapes rarely produce a vintage wine. 

Edited by wealdstone

It is difficult to deny that perhaps unexpectedly Panthers were the best side in a very strange season. Even in the face of outrageous fortune they regrouped and did the business. Admittedly with great help from master tactician Rod Lyon. Sour grapes are best left to rot rather than produce a poor vintage

7 hours ago, Flappy said:

Social media is key.  People fell in love with the Dad's Army boys, far easier to market 

People fell in love with a team that was winning both home and away on a regular basis. I'm not sure that social media would save the day without that vital ingredient.

• Like 1

Just seen the IPL cricket final and the winners Chennai Super Kings were constantly referred to as Dads Army by the commentators….what a coincidence but somehow I don’t think they had just watched Peterborough win the day before. !

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Where has KSF gone? I thought he might have been giving it the big un today. Or maybe just maybe KSF and NSS1 have got a room 

I was in town last night celebrating our win. I didn't get home until the early hours of the morning.

Just got over the hangover.