British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

4 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I was in town last night celebrating our win. I didn't get home until the early hours of the morning.

Just got over the hangover.

Can't be easy getting wrecked on your own 

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Can't be easy getting wrecked on your own 

On his own?

In body maybe....

In his head there were at least six he was sat with. ..   :D

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

On his own?

In body maybe....

In his head there were at least six he was sat with. ..   :D

Must've been difficult to work out who's round it was.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Don’t know for Belle Vue but Peterborough between 3000 and 3500.

I think Geoff left after heat 8 so is he still included in those numbers?  :D

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Bewley and brennan thank you for at least showing up and trying. Rest were bullied far to easy on track for my liking. 

I don't know but I think maybe the fairness of your home track may carry over with some of your riders to away tracks... the track at the NSS is so fair their seems to be very little a rider can do about being passed, maybe that mentality has transferred into their away form as they seemed to be passed far too easily on Thursday night.

22 hours ago, mikebv said:

The other side of that coin is that the truth is Peterborough won by using riders from Ipswich and Kings Lynn

Don't forget Redcar, Leicester, Kent, Birmingham, Plymouth & Scunthorpe! :lol:

22 hours ago, Flappy said:

I do hope this team can be kept together for at least one more year. Bjarne aside who's stepping into retirement as a champion

Just like every league winning fan has for the last I don't know how long :cry:

22 hours ago, Garry1603 said:

The Eurosport coverage was  disappointing again.

What annoyed me was that every reserve change (Pedersen, Palin, and Brennan) were shown as 'rider replacement rides' on the graphics as they came to the tapes. Annoying for a fan of the sport but any newcomers would have been totally confused.

When Kelvin Tatum has the caption "Pundit" at the start of the show, don't hold your breath about the rest of the presentation :rofl:

19 hours ago, mikebv said:

When you watch the Polish League it truly is "tribal" (as a team sport should be), and can bring true national focus and attention to that town..

Someone just needs to harness some of that pull of the Play Offs into the regular season by making every meeting an event worth attending..

The support is clearly out there, lurking in the background

The most successful speedway league in the world runs it's operation in the same way that the most successful football league in the world does... coincidence?

I was going to post exactly the same thing about harnessing what was on show over the 2 legs of the final... Is Rob Godfrey really the man for the job?

19 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Ht 3 summed it up for me when Nichols steamed into Charles Wright with no response.

I'm not so sure there was any contact there it looked to me as though Wrighty just picked up some grip and lost control

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I think Geoff left after heat 8 so is he still included in those numbers?  :D

Oh what a shame as he booked the queen song for Peterborough to play such a bummer im sure every Panthers supporter would of liked to thank him for his generosity 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Oh what a shame as he booked the queen song for Peterborough to play such a bummer im sure every Panthers supporter would of liked to thank him for his generosity 

Another One Bites The Dust? :D

24 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Another One Bites The Dust? :D

That was the B sides song :t:

Edited by scoobydoo

12 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I was in town last night celebrating our win. I didn't get home until the early hours of the morning.

Just got over the hangover.

How do you get a Hangover in 24 hr McDonald’s,more than1pint of Coke I presume.:rolleyes:

On 10/14/2021 at 9:38 PM, Tosh1218 said:

Brilliant words from Scotty Nichols in the interview on tv ,praising the Peterborough riders from no 1 to 7 and dedicating the win to Colin Pratt  a true legend 

Special accolade from me for MPT, must have been in agony every ride,  6 in 4  and 12in 6  for the final

Well don Michael

jimg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't know but I think maybe the fairness of your home track may carry over with some of your riders to away tracks... the track at the NSS is so fair their seems to be very little a rider can do about being passed, maybe that mentality has transferred into their away form as they seemed to be passed far too easily on Thursday night.

Don't forget Redcar, Leicester, Kent, Birmingham, Plymouth & Scunthorpe! :lol:

Just like every league winning fan has for the last I don't know how long :cry:

When Kelvin Tatum has the caption "Pundit" at the start of the show, don't hold your breath about the rest of the presentation :rofl:

The most successful speedway league in the world runs it's operation in the same way that the most successful football league in the world does... coincidence?

I was going to post exactly the same thing about harnessing what was on show over the 2 legs of the final... Is Rob Godfrey really the man for the job?

I'm not so sure there was any contact there it looked to me as though Wrighty just picked up some grip and lost control

yeah, looked back on the tv , looks like he just over locked and picked up too much grip 

On 10/15/2021 at 5:28 PM, Baldyman said:

Still nothing from the Aces number 1 fan,, just goes to show what a sad low life looser he really is.    

Resurfaced on the SON thread 

39 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Resurfaced on the SON thread 

BT must have eventually been round and sorted his internet out..,