Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Lets just hope for two good meetings for the cameras and that no guests end up racing, thus making the flagship domestic final of the sport a contrived joke..

If a heat leader is missing from each team then both run RR...

From reading the reports it sounded like all the meetings in the semis were a bit short on the level of entertainment we would want, (only personally watched the Wolves leg of their semi so maybe the reports didnt do the others justice)...

Regardless, hopefully we can have two great finals, delivered by two "proper" teams...

Agree if heat leader missing from both sides run with rider RR 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Not so sure Kerr will be as good at Belle Vue  and Nicholls doesn't usually go well there so could be a struggle for Peterborough on monday.

Kerr got 9 in this years British Final

6 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

If we keep it tight at the NSS then we win.

Forget our two Home defeats to the Aces because one was due to fatigue from a double header and the other was down to a poor race track.

Make the track grippy with an outside line at the EOEA then the Worrall's won't be half as effective as they're trappers who produce their best on slick tracks.

As for the NSS meeting Pedersen & Palin should have the beating of Etheridge & Brennan so it's down to the top 5 to keep it close.

Always got excuses. You could also say only reason Peterborough won at NSS was because Belle Vue had terrible guest Ricky Wells scoring 1 point for Etheridge.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Always got excuses. You could also say only reason Peterborough won at NSS was because Belle Vue had terrible guest Ricky Wells scoring 1 point for Etheridge.

Yep Rob which also meant Jye at number 2.

47 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Kerr got 9 in this years British Final

And 9+1 for king's Lynn there 

50 minutes ago, Rob B said:

We would've hit 50+ if Ulrich was riding.

BV got off lightly with the 4 point defeat we handed them.

Edited by KingoftheTrack
  • Haha 1

A massive treat is in store for Speedway fans up and down the country next Thursday.

Tina Turner will be making a public appearance at the EOEA to sing 'Simply the best' during the Panthers title parade.

Tina Turner - Age, Songs & Proud Mary - Biography

11 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

A massive treat is in store for Speedway fans up and down the country next Thursday.

Tina Turner will be making a public appearance at the EOEA to sing 'Simply the best' during the Panthers title parade.

I believe she may be singing at the interval as well. 

And given the expected Aces lead by then...

"We dont need another zero" will be your song of choice.. :D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

don't worry we booked queen to sing we are the champions :party::t::rofl::cheers:

If I'm not mistaken, the likes of Bewley and Kurtz have never ridden in a Premiership Play-off Final.

The likes of Andersen, Pedersen, Nicholls and Harris have all performed in pressure situations.

I think BV's top 2 could choke under the pressure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

We would've hit 50+ if Ulrich was riding.

BV got off lightly with the 4 point defeat we handed them.

Ulrich rode in the A meeting where you did worse.  

6 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If I'm not mistaken, the likes of Bewley and Kurtz have never ridden in a Premiership Play-off Final.

The likes of Andersen, Pedersen, Nicholls and Harris have all performed in pressure situations.

I think Wroclaw v Lublin, in which Bewley had a starring role, might just have been a higher pressure play-off final

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Have a look at how Bewley just rode in the polish play off final now that's pressure.

2 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Good call to be fair...

Dan in particular may freeze given all he has done recently is compete (extremely well), in front of two "full houses" in the Polish play offs..

Riding in front of a combined total of fans at the NSS and Peterborough that wouldnt reach anywhere near the amount of just one leg of the final in Poland must be nerve wracking..

As must riding for a title that will hardly raise a paragraph in the local paper of either team rather than make that nights national TV sporting news...

Not to mention also the huge financial  bonus of winning that I am sure he and his fellow Aces team will be riding for in the UK, which will dwarf the trifling amount that winning the Polish title brought to him... 

Hope he can manage to keep the incredible pressure under control...:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Please everyone, dont feed the troll.

• Like 2