British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

1 hour ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Agree with you Gemini - I was fortunate to be there  in the main stand just a few feet in front of the start line and in the front row - An absolute corker of a meeting and every time Belle Vue put distance between the two sides back came Peterborough - I stayed overnight and was looking forward to seeing the meeting again  on Quest that evening - Major disappointment with so many adverts and missed heats including Dan’s heat 11 (I think) victory with him making his way out to the outside line on lap 3 and building up the speed to pass MPT - A big thank you to the track staff who once again provided a cracking track for proper racers - Only downside at the meeting was how long it dragged on from the first race 18 minutes after the start time and continuous gaps to suit the Eurosport coverage - Hope the 2nd leg provides the same level of racing and good luck to both teams - 

Missing were heats 2 (the re-run after Hans Andersen's crash) 4, 8, 10, 11 and 14. Yet they have shown the majority of other matches that have been pretty boring. :neutral:

13 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Rider replacement will be used if Anderson is ruled out with Panthers set to finalise their line-up today (Thursday). Monday’s guest Lewis Kerr is ineligible tonight.

He can guest for MPT if he is not fit prior to the meeting starting 

6 minutes ago, TheTriggerer said:

Belle Vue fear Hans Andersen going by the biased medic and the local rag.

Deluded 

32 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Looks like Phil the Ace has taken the so called confirmation from a Manchester paper reviewing the meeting ,

The update from the official website hasn't appeared yet but midday looms is it to be confirmed then 

Blimey everyone going on about maybe Hans can ride is crazy, he got concussion so he can't ride, they are the rules. If he rides tonight, he could of ridden last night at Poole and a guest would not have been allowed.

Edited by foreverblue

Right i ll try again....arriving in manchester today ready for the son at the weekend....does anyone know any pub or club in the area that might be showing 2nd leg of the grand final live tonight...it seems the longsight club wont be

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Blimey everyone going on about maybe Hans can ride is crazy, he got concussion so he can't ride, they are the rules. If he rides tonight, he could of ridden last night at Poole and a guest would not have been allowed.

Correct thank you 

1 minute ago, charlie1 said:

Right i ll try again....arriving in manchester today ready for the son at the weekend....does anyone know any pub or club in the area that might be showing 2nd leg of the grand final live tonight...it seems the longsight club wont be

Royal oak gorton 

1 minute ago, charlie1 said:

You could sign up to Eurosport and download the mobile app.

3 minutes ago, charlie1 said:

Royal oak gorton its behind the Tesco and plough pub on hyde rd not sure of the exact rd but just ask someone and they will tell you :t:

Edited by NSS1

3 minutes ago, charlie1 said:

Unsure specifically but try this link, maybe give one or two a call and ask, they have multi-screens so I'm sure one will be able to accommodate you, good luck.

https://www.designmynight.com/manchester/bars/sports-bars-in-manchester