British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Discovery+service

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but would you be able to watch after the broadcast has started, and fast forward between races?

Reading the information posted in R &R's link, doesn't look like it sadly

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I would also add that the capabilities of Mimmo's BT bix depends on its age, if it has on demand apps like iPlayer, ITVhub, Netflix etc then it will probably have Discovery+.

Not available via BT TV box sadly.

1 hour ago, MARK246 said:

I'm more confused after reading this thread than I was before :(

To be honest, so am I.

• Like 1

I gather the gp won't be shown on Eurosport 1 or 2, only Discovery+ ?

The sky Q box has a load of apps Amazon, utube,etc and discovery+ u have to register on discovery+ the only problem is a subscription channel.i have sky sports, bt sport, and eurosport. Which do I ditch? I watch all sport .ah I see sky customers can it free for 12 months thanks racers and royals

Edited by Watkins

1 hour ago, MARK246 said:

I'm more confused after reading this thread than I was before :(

Is there an English version? :o

• Haha 1

I've just looked at my TV module, and I've never realised there was an Apps button.  I've pressed it, but there is no mention of Discovery.
There is also nowhere on the TV where I could plug a stick in, which I think is something somebody mentioned.

46 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I've just looked at my TV module, and I've never realised there was an Apps button.  I've pressed it, but there is no mention of Discovery.
There is also nowhere on the TV where I could plug a stick in, which I think is something somebody mentioned.

Plugging a stick in will require a HDMI port. How old is your telly?

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Plugging a stick in will require a HDMI port. How old is your telly?

Can't even remember that, as I rent it.  Didn't have the available cash to buy one. 

11 hours ago, Midland Red said:

How does one get streaming?

Drink plenty of water :lol:

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I have BT Sport at the moment, which expires in January.  

was at my son s the other day he has sky q  .asked him if he d got discovery +  2 seconds later there it was on the screen ,as the man says on the tv advert  that ll do . Will be binning bt  and going back to sky 

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Can't even remember that, as I rent it.  Didn't have the available cash to buy one. 

If you rent your telly (is it from Hughes?) it might be worth finding out how much more it will cost to rent a smart tv instead as that will be the easiest way for you to receive Discovery+.

Can't help but wonder if Discovery will lose potential customers, by not having this on the Sky EPG. I would consider subscribing, but, if unable to fast forward, not prepared to sit through pre match previews, and gaps between races.

4 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Can't help but wonder if Discovery will lose potential customers, by not having this on the Sky EPG. I would consider subscribing, but, if unable to fast forward, not prepared to sit through pre match previews, and gaps between races.

Did I read somewhere that eurosport would be airing highlighted programme? Might just go with that if I'm honest.  On BT deal I'll get eurosport in the sports package (for hubby's football), seems crazy to subscribe another 6.99 to get eurosport again in discovery+. The other channels you get with it look pretty rank tbf.

Before you suggest moving to sky, my son works for BT television so he gets me a decent deal, but it doesn't include discovery +