British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Discovery+service

20 hours ago, DBP said:

Yes they are its on discoverys + and eurosport so no need to take out subscription for discovery if you already have Eurosport

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

You obviously trust Eurosport(Discovery sports events) far more than i do- what if they are on player only ??

Did anyone else hear Abi, last night, say that the 2022 GP'S would be broadcast live on eurosport and discovery +?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Badge said:

Did anyone else hear Abi, last night, say that the 2022 GP'S would be broadcast live on eurosport and discovery +?

Yes I did hear that... a very ambiguous statement that could be taken in any number of different ways

On 10/15/2021 at 5:03 PM, Mr Snackette said:

As someone who is 68 (fast approaching 69) I guess I can be classified as “an older person”, although not living in the UK……but I’m not really sure what difference that makes? I have downloaded the Discovery+ app, and got an annual subscription for a very competitive 29€. Downloaded the app direct from Google Play Store to my Nvidia Shield, and by using StreamLocater I can acces the UK version from here in Spain! It wasn’t that much of a challenge even someone like myself, who apparently has to be patronised because it is assumed that anyone who  isn’t in the first flush of youth is unable to cope with modern technology!

We are now in 2021, and just as we challenge racist & sexist comments, so we MUST do the same with “ageism”! I’m sure there are thousands of older people who don’t have access to or understand modern technology. However I am equally aware of those much younger who are similarly technologically challenged! 

So how about rewriting the comment to: “Does anybody know, if the thousands of people in the UK, that don't have access to phone etc, or understand modern technology, can purchase……”  it doesn’t need to be made an age thing!

I understand what you are saying, and agree with you, so you have made the point without me rewriting it.

My reason for not understanding is due to a brain disease, and yes I accept many younger people also suffer the same sort of health issue, so it's not an age thing.   

• Like 1

There has just been an advert for the 2022 GPS on eurosport during the WSB,, and it said they will be showing live GPS in 2022 on Discovery + 

That's also what was said in the interview at the last GP, with highlights and some live on Eurosport. 

I think I read that some Eurosport channels in Europe will carry the GPS live but this was not the case in the U.K. hence Discovery+. I believe it may have been in a article in Speedway Star a couple of weeks back.

• Like 1

As usual plain as mud. 

Give 'em a chance - they don't take over the contract til November 1st!!!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 10:36 AM, Hawk127 said:

I think I read that some Eurosport channels in Europe will carry the GPS live but this was not the case in the U.K. hence Discovery+. I believe it may have been in a article in Speedway Star a couple of weeks back.

Those Speedway countries that it is felt can develop their audience the fastest are being chosen to have the "free to air" feed..

I seem to remember Germany mentioned. (?)...

ie. Countries that run domestic Speedway so have a "following" and already show the GP's behind a "pay wall".... 

Theory being it could maybe get others engaged in these countries by opening them up to the sport...

Cardiff wasnt ruled out as having the same, but, as per other countries, there was still a lot of negotiation and strategy planning going on..

Bottom line is  if you can get enough to pay for it, then why give it away free.? 

I have Eurosport Player for British League racing, I'm not paying anything more for the GPs, I thought they were gonna be on Eurosport/Eurosport Player. .... speedway all on one channel :(

7 hours ago, Trees said:

I have Eurosport Player for British League racing, I'm not paying anything more for the GPs, I thought they were gonna be on Eurosport/Eurosport Player. .... speedway all on one channel :(

You get Eurosport included with Discovery+ so may have to ditch the standalone Eurosport Player and upgrade to Discovery+ - if you want the SGP, SON & SWC to go with your British League & SEC. 

4 hours ago, Noodles said:

You get Eurosport included with Discovery+ so may have to ditch the standalone Eurosport Player and upgrade to Discovery+ - if you want the SGP, SON & SWC to go with your British League & SEC. 

Oh really ok ....... I hate tv these days, so complicated lol, I'd go back to 5 channels in a blink of an eye .......

• Like 3

Entertainment & Sport yearly plan is currently half price. 

Offer ends 20/02/2022. £29.99 for first year, then £59.99/year unless cancelled

Discovery Plus

Eurosport player is being phased out.  New subscriptions are for Discovery Plus only. Current subscribers to Eurosport Player will automatically be moved to Discovery Plus at renewal. 

Edited by Noodles
  • Thanks 2

I watched eurosport as its apart of my Sky subscription for sports, having looked into discovery+ on the skyq box and information on the web it seems i can create an account with discovery+ and watch it via the app on sky for free for the first 12 months , anyone recently done this already is it still free 

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I watched eurosport as its apart of my Sky subscription for sports, having looked into discovery+ on the skyq box and information on the web it seems i can create an account with discovery+ and watch it via the app on sky for free for the first 12 months , anyone recently done this already is it still free 

discovery+ help | Sky Help | Sky.com

• Thanks 1