British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Discovery+service

29 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I watched eurosport as its apart of my Sky subscription for sports, having looked into discovery+ on the skyq box and information on the web it seems i can create an account with discovery+ and watch it via the app on sky for free for the first 12 months , anyone recently done this already is it still free 

Vodafone customers can get it free for 6 months- this  April i will do it.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/music-tv-and-sport/discovery-plus

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

I watched eurosport as its apart of my Sky subscription for sports, having looked into discovery+ on the skyq box and information on the web it seems i can create an account with discovery+ and watch it via the app on sky for free for the first 12 months , anyone recently done this already is it still free 

I have done this but you don’t get the sport channels so not worth doing if you want it for the speedway.

20 minutes ago, Noodles said:

"This offer gives you access to the discovery+ Entertainment Pass, but does not include access to the discovery+ Eurosport package"

Thanks- that’s a bummer !!

3 hours ago, Tim G said:

I have done this but you don’t get the sport channels so not worth doing if you want it for the speedway.

Thanks for information Tim and i wont bother now , to be honest im not that fussed about the GPs anymore would of watched if was apart of package, never had BT sport so ive not watched a GP live or any highlights since it went to BT , last season was first time in years ive seen any live league racing which was great for me as a Panthers fan 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

When I looked just before Xmas, if you have an Amazon Prime account you can subscribe to Discovery + through that for an additional 6.99 per month. Perfect for people like me who doesn't have a sky or bt box! 

1 hour ago, Jason.C said:

When I looked just before Xmas, if you have an Amazon Prime account you can subscribe to Discovery + through that for an additional 6.99 per month. Perfect for people like me who doesn't have a sky or bt box! 

You don't need a sky or bt box?  You just need a smart tv or device (e.g. fire stick) to download the Discovery Plus app and you can watch on your tv.

It would be cheaper to buy the annual pass - especially as it's half price at the moment.

https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500000101182-Browsers-and-devices-supported-by-discovery- 

Edited by Noodles

40 minutes ago, Noodles said:

You don't need a sky or bt box?  You just need a smart tv or device (e.g. fire stick) to download the Discovery Plus app and you can watch on your tv.

It would be cheaper to buy the annual pass - especially as it's half price at the moment.

https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500000101182-Browsers-and-devices-supported-by-discovery- 

Thanks for the heads up . Yes that is definitely a better deal at the moment! I didn't mind the prospect of paying 6.99 as paid more for the monthly roller bt sport subscription.

32 minutes ago, Billyboy said:

Do we know  for sure if the gps are on eurosport or discovery +

Discovery+

12 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

Discovery+

Isn't it both? 

Eurosport 1 & 2 linear TV channels are the same two Eurosport channels you get via the Discovery Plus app. 

However some could get pushed to the extra channels you get with the app - like we had with the SEC this year. 

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Isn't it both? 

Eurosport 1 & 2 linear TV channels are the same two Eurosport channels you get via the Discovery Plus app. 

However some could get pushed to the extra channels you get with the app - like we had with the SEC this year. 

Not some- all will be live only on the app  i am expecting.

Edited by racers and royals

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Not some- all will be live only on the app  i am expecting.

Yes quite possibly.