British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Discovery+service

Just seen an advert on TV advertising discovery + tennis coverage can buy now for £29.99 and it's 12 months subscription

53 minutes ago, Neila said:

Just seen an advert on TV advertising discovery + tennis coverage can buy now for £29.99 and it's 12 months subscription

It’s on their website, usually £59.99 pa credited to £29.99 for first 12 months, then £59.99pa unless cancelled. It mentions motor sports, along with tennis, Winter Olympics, snooker. Offer ends 20/02/2022

My quandary is I love watching speedway gp’s and I love watching motogp’s. My contract with BT is until Jan 2023. With BT I can watch MotoGP but not speedway gp. So I got the extra expense of Discovery. Ok, this year could be £29.99, but next year £59.99…….unless I move away from BT, but they provide a really good trouble free broadband service. Problems!

Edited by OveFundinFan

9 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

It’s on their website, usually £59.99 pa credited to £29.99 for first 12 months, then £59.99pa unless cancelled. It mentions motor sports, along with tennis, Winter Olympics, snooker. Offer ends 20/02/2022

My quandary is I love watching speedway gp’s and I love watching motogp’s. My contract with BT is until Jan 2023. With BT I can watch MotoGP but not speedway gp. So I got the extra expense of Discovery. Ok, this year could be £29.99, but next year £59.99…….unless I move away from BT, but they provide a really good trouble free broadband service. Problems!

Cancel next year and sign up with a different email address (if/when they have another half price offer) 

13 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

BT sport is being sold and it looks like DAZN are buying it which is app based, rumours in the press is the deal will go through shortly. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tim G said:

BT sport is being sold and it looks like DAZN are buying it which is app based, rumours in the press is the deal will go through shortly. 

Heard that a few weeks ago more app/streaming expense 

I just signed up on the 29.99 option.

Originally I was going to watch through Amazon as it makes it easier to watch on every tv for me, even though it costs a bit more.

I signed up for a month for the Australian Open Tennis as a trial, but the match selection for the tennis is so poor that I've gone for the Discover App It still works out cheaper over a year as I've only wasted one month on Amazon.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:04 PM, Tim G said:

Who are DAZN?

53 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Who are DAZN?

They are a fairly big player in online sports streaming in a few Countries...They started out in Germany, Austria and Switzerland but now have services available in most Countries, although what sports are available depends on the Country.

In the UK I think they currently only have Boxing and Women's Football. I guess that they are looking to expand that by taking over the rights that BT currently have.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Who are DAZN?

Dazn where launched in Germany,Austria,Switzerland and Japan in 2016.Now with over 200 countries.Matchroom boxing tied up for 5 years.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HenryW said:

They are a fairly big player in online sports streaming in a few Countries...They started out in Germany, Austria and Switzerland but now have services available in most Countries, although what sports are available depends on the Country.

In the UK I think they currently only have Boxing and Women's Football. I guess that they are looking to expand that by taking over the rights that BT currently have.

so no chance of speedway as its a p/poor sport in relation to others like chess and snow volley ball . ( yes , it does exist )

I have Sky Q and you do get 12 months free of Discovery plus in the apps section…however it is Discovery Plus Entertainment package Sky give for free and not Discovery Plus Entertainment and Sports so you don’t get all the live sport….Discovery Plus website when you log in tells you that your package is provided by Sky and to upgrade you need to contact Sky….that is purely for Sky Q ….I haven’t bothered as there’s nothing on it currently worth watching if I’m honest that would warrant an upgrade

Edited by Bruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Based on some tweets today it's looking like the Discovery Group are going to partner with BT Sport going forward rather than DAZN buying out the BT Sports business.

That could be good news for those like me who want to watch speedway and MotoGP.

• Like 3

On 10/8/2021 at 4:10 PM, MARK246 said:

I'm more confused after reading this thread than I was before :(

Snap! I thought roku was some kind of health food.

6 hours ago, HenryW said:

Based on some tweets today it's looking like the Discovery Group are going to partner with BT Sport going forward rather than DAZN buying out the BT Sports business.

That could be good news for those like me who want to watch speedway and MotoGP.

So we'll be paying £25 a month instead of £25 a year. 

As a technophobe, do you simply install the Discovery Plus app through Google Play on my phone and pray I can then access it on my TV?