Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Discovery+service

21 hours ago, Watkins said:

The sky Q box has a load of apps Amazon, utube,etc and discovery+ u have to register on discovery+ the only problem is a subscription channel.i have sky sports, bt sport, and eurosport. Which do I ditch? I watch all sport .ah I see sky customers can it free for 12 months thanks racers and royals

I think you need to join sky vip first. Very easy to do.

Edited by Tim G

Eurosport will be showing the gps so if you get Eurosport now with sky bt or virgin you wont need discovery +

57 minutes ago, Tim G said:

I think you need to join sky vip first. Very easy to do.

Joined that years ago to be honest haven't look at my account for ages never gave me free tickets for the football:rofl:

I've been into a company named Hughes Electrical today with my nephew, and it seems that Samsung TV's have a Discovery+service App plus Eurosport, then as you probably know, you click that, register and pay the £59.99.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RS50 said:

Can't help but wonder if Discovery will lose potential customers, by not having this on the Sky EPG. I would consider subscribing, but, if unable to fast forward, not prepared to sit through pre match previews, and gaps between races.

It's on the Sky platform though, and is currently free for 12 months for Sky Q users. It's just under the Apps menu instead of the TV guide menu.

As with any streaming service, like Amazon does with the live Tennis or PL football you'l be able to choose to 'Watch from the start' even if the event started an hour ago or is finished, which will enable you to fast forward to the heats etc.

No longer will there be any hassle with having to remember to record it or put it on series link. As in the past the Series link and overrunning Recordings have been hit and miss with BT and Eurosport

British Eurosport TV and/or Quest (on freeview) will probably only show the Cardiff GP live, as was mentioned with the local events getting free to air coverage.

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

It's on the Sky platform though, and is currently free for 12 months for Sky Q users. It's just under the Apps menu instead of the TV guide menu.

As with any streaming service, like Amazon does with the live Tennis or PL football you'l be able to choose to 'Watch from the start' even if the event started an hour ago or is finished, which will enable you to fast forward to the heats etc.

No longer will there be any hassle with having to remember to record it or put it on series link. As in the past the Series link and overrunning Recordings have been hit and miss with BT and Eurosport

British Eurosport TV and/or Quest (on freeview) will probably only show the Cardiff GP live, as was mentioned with the local events getting free to air coverage.

Don't use Sky Q though. Still using Sky+  .

• Haha 1

My son's got sky Q does he have to do anything to get discovery + free for 12 months or is it automatic he gets it?

1 hour ago, bruno said:

My son's got sky Q does he have to do anything to get discovery + free for 12 months or is it automatic he gets it?

I'm in the same boat, i've got sky Q but ain't bothered with Discovery + as yet, dunno if it's simple to sign up for or not and also not sure if their 12 month free trial starts from when you sign up for it or is it 12 months from when Discovery + was launched.

17 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I've been into a company named Hughes Electrical today with my nephew, and it seems that Samsung TV's have a Discovery+service App plus Eurosport, then as you probably know, you click that, register and pay the £59.99.  

If you are just watching speedway it's cheaper to do the monthly subscription for 6.99 a month. If you subscribe each time on the day of the Grand Prix and then cancel you can get 6 monthly subscriptions for 41.94.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, racers and royals said:

Not live they won`t 

Yes they are its on discoverys + and eurosport so no need to take out subscription for discovery if you already have Eurosport

11 hours ago, DBP said:

Yes they are its on discoverys + and eurosport so no need to take out subscription for discovery if you already have Eurosport

You obviously trust Eurosport(Discovery sports events) far more than i do- what if they are on player only ??

On 10/8/2021 at 8:39 AM, Mimmo said:

Does anybody know, if the thousands of older people in the UK, that don't have access to phone etc, or understand modern technology, can purchase a package in the same way we currently do with BT Sport.so as to be able watch the Grand Prix on their TV sets from 2022 onwards please.

It's a serious question, and one that will affect me if you can't, as families want to sit and watch it together in their living room, not individually on mobile devices.

Thank you, if anybody can provide the answer.   

As someone who is 68 (fast approaching 69) I guess I can be classified as “an older person”, although not living in the UK……but I’m not really sure what difference that makes? I have downloaded the Discovery+ app, and got an annual subscription for a very competitive 29€. Downloaded the app direct from Google Play Store to my Nvidia Shield, and by using StreamLocater I can acces the UK version from here in Spain! It wasn’t that much of a challenge even someone like myself, who apparently has to be patronised because it is assumed that anyone who  isn’t in the first flush of youth is unable to cope with modern technology!

We are now in 2021, and just as we challenge racist & sexist comments, so we MUST do the same with “ageism”! I’m sure there are thousands of older people who don’t have access to or understand modern technology. However I am equally aware of those much younger who are similarly technologically challenged! 

So how about rewriting the comment to: “Does anybody know, if the thousands of people in the UK, that don't have access to phone etc, or understand modern technology, can purchase……”  it doesn’t need to be made an age thing!

Edited by Mr Snackette