British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Discovery+service

1 minute ago, crumpiefan said:

As a technophobe, do you simply install the Discovery Plus app through Google Play on my phone and pray I can then access it on my TV?

No, I just posted about it on another thread, so you should be able to follow that.

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

No, I just posted about it on another thread, so you should be able to follow that.

Right, thankyou.

So finally to clarify all the fake news, Discovery have confirmed that GPs will be live on Eurosport2 and Discovery+ in 2022 (as they announced it would during their launch video), This is part of Discovery Sports Events contract to promote and televise the series for 10 years.

A selection of British Premiership matches will also be covered live on Eurosport - as in 2021 - with a highlights package also available on a free-to-air channel (eg Quest or similar) as part of the current 5-yesr deal with the BSPL.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So finally to clarify all the fake news, Discovery have confirmed that GPs will be live on Eurosport2 and Discovery+ in 2022 (as they announced it would during their launch video), This is part of Discovery Sports Events contract to promote and televise the series for 10 years.

A selection of British Premiership matches will also be covered live on Eurosport - as in 2021 - with a highlights package also available on a free-to-air channel (eg Quest or similar) as part of the current 5-yesr deal with the BSPL.

Is that every GP live on Eurosport 2? 

Or is it some live on there and some live on Discovery?

• Like 1

I Hope Speedway European Championship will be on Eurosport!!!, its good have Speedway in Eurosport with World Superbikes and British Superbikes, expect MotoGP Still on BT Sport :(. i don't understand why Discovery Plus India got MotoGP not in UK

1 hour ago, speed29 said:

I Hope Speedway European Championship will be on Eurosport!!!, its good have Speedway in Eurosport with World Superbikes and British Superbikes, expect MotoGP Still on BT Sport :(. i don't understand why Discovery Plus India got MotoGP not in UK

SEC is no longer on EUROSPORT

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

Exactly- i am yet to be convinced that all will be live on Eurosport 2.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

This is so unnecessarily confusing. I received a Sky VIP email last week that usually mean nothing. On this occasion I noticed an offer of Discovery + free for 1 year (App). I’ve read so many different opinions regarding Discovery + I didn’t know what was legit. The dreaded phone call - after the usual painful 2 hours it was confirmed to me from India, Ireland and Outta Mongolia I will get the Speedway GP’s on Discovery + and the meetings on Eurosport, even though I don’t now have Sky Sports. Doubt that will be so, we will see. 

20 hours ago, mikebv said:

According to the latest Discovery announcement which is on Facebook, the SGP series will be live on both Discovery+ and Eurosport 2.  

British Premiership (when it starts) will be on Eurosport as in 2021.

On 4/3/2022 at 10:02 PM, Hodgy said:

This is so unnecessarily confusing. I received a Sky VIP email last week that usually mean nothing. On this occasion I noticed an offer of Discovery + free for 1 year (App). I’ve read so many different opinions regarding Discovery + I didn’t know what was legit. The dreaded phone call - after the usual painful 2 hours it was confirmed to me from India, Ireland and Outta Mongolia I will get the Speedway GP’s on Discovery + and the meetings on Eurosport, even though I don’t now have Sky Sports. Doubt that will be so, we will see. 

The GP's are on Discovery+ Entertainment & Sport package, NOT just the Entertainment package Sky are offering for free for 12 months.  Therefore if you've only accepted the free offer you WON'T be seeing the GP's on Discovery+.  See link for the two Discovery+ packages which are available;

Choose Your Plan | Sign Up, Sign In, Manage Your Account | discovery+ (discoveryplus.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

The GP's are on Discovery+ Entertainment & Sport package, NOT just the Entertainment package Sky are offering for free for 12 months.  Therefore if you've only accepted the free offer you WON'T be seeing the GP's on Discovery+.  See link for the two Discovery+ packages which are available;

Choose Your Plan | Sign Up, Sign In, Manage Your Account | discovery+ (discoveryplus.com)

The GPs are also to be shown live on Eurosport 2 in the UK - as Discovery Sports Events have recently announced/confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1