British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Discovery+service

The GP's are definitely on Eurosport 2 it's been advertised at least 6 times today during the coverage of the Superbike racing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So happy I didn't spend any money on 'special offers', as I'm only interested in the SGP, 

I bought the discovery + for £29.99 but tbh I'm not going to lose sleep over it now it's on Eurosport. Plenty of other stuff on there to get my monies worth. I can only get Eurosport live , can't tape it incase I'm busy on a GP night so money well spent. Maybe lol

On 4/8/2022 at 12:37 PM, Gasser90 said:

What’s the benefit of buying the discovery + package then ? 

Insurance... for when the French Open Tennis or world tiddly winks championships are on. Eurosport are being very ambiguous with their statements, leaving them room to move the coverage when they see fit

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Insurance... for when the French Open Tennis or world tiddly winks championships are on. Eurosport are being very ambiguous with their statements, leaving them room to move the coverage when they see fit

Whats ambiguous in stating 'all the GPs will be live on Eurosport 2'?

The thing about Discovery (especially as they now own the Speedway GP Series) is that when there are other major sporting events on eg Olympics etc, they simply launch a number of extra Eurosport channels eg 3,4,5,6

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't think they've actually said that have they? They say Eurosport 2 & Discovery+, which you can read any number of different ways. 

Like when Sky Sports said they would show all the GP's on Sky Sports and then tucked a number of them away on the red button

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't think they've actually said that have they? They say Eurosport 2 & Discovery+, which you can read any number of different ways. 

Like when Sky Sports said they would show all the GP's on Sky Sports and then tucked a number of them away on the red button

Yes,  they have actually said all speedway GP's will be live on Eurosport 2.

Discovery + are covering the GP's advert free.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Heathcote said:

Yes,  they have actually said all speedway GP's will be live on Eurosport 2.

Discovery + are covering the GP's advert free.

We'll see... this is Eurosport we are talking about

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The thing about Discovery (especially as they now own the Speedway GP Series) is that when there are other major sporting events on eg Olympics etc, they simply launch a number of extra Eurosport channels eg 3,4,5,6

They also say they have every WSB race live until the Tour De France or French Open tennis is on and then it’s shifted onto Discovery Plus. They do often move the British Superbikes to the Quest channel though.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, iainb said:

We'll see... this is Eurosport we are talking about

Well they have repeated it in a double page spread in this week's Speedway Star.  All GPs will be live on Eurosport 2

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well they have repeated it in a double page spread in this week's Speedway Star.  All GPs will be live on Eurosport 2

We'll see...

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Thanks for that, a lot of new news there.           
I signed up for BT Broadband 18 months ago (2 year contract) with BT Sport when they had the speedwayGP and MotoGP. Up for renewal late Jan 2023.      
Now they only have MotoGP ….. which I love, but I love SpeedwayGP too, so I tool out a Discovery+ offer of 12 month half price (£29.99) so I can see SpeedwayGP live.        
Just want this lot to sort out by next Jan so I can take out a broadband package and hopefully SpeedwayGP and MotoGP viewing all for less then I pay now.                
If I have to save money, and that looks likely, I would have to ditch the MotoGP package, and hopefully be able to watch it Tuesday evening in a condensed 1 hour program covering Motogp1, Moto2, and Moto3. Hopefully MotoGP will be integrated into Discovery+ so I get to see it all, hopefully for a realistic price.    
Lot still up in the air.

6 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I signed up for BT Broadband 18 months ago (2 year contract) with BT Sport when they had the speedwayGP and MotoGP. Up for renewal late Jan 2023.      
Now they only have MotoGP ….. which I love, but I love SpeedwayGP too, so I tool out a Discovery+ offer of 12 month half price (£29.99) so I can see SpeedwayGP live.        
Just want this lot to sort out by next Jan so I can take out a broadband package and hopefully SpeedwayGP and MotoGP viewing all for less then I pay now.                
If I have to save money, and that looks likely, I would have to ditch the MotoGP package, and hopefully be able to watch it Tuesday evening in a condensed 1 hour program covering Motogp1, Moto2, and Moto3. Hopefully MotoGP will be integrated into Discovery+ so I get to see it all, hopefully for a realistic price.    
Lot still up in the air.

I had to ditch MotoGP this year and just watch the highlights on Tuesdays. Tbh it's not very good misses passes out and crashes. Feels like you've not really watched the race. It's a dilemma really but I'm fed up of paying for everything but on the other hand not a lot of choice, it's the way it's gone

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Lot still up in the air.

I used to have BT sport but binned it a while back , MotoGP was the only thing I really missed  . I'm hopeful that MotoGP will move to Eurosport and join WSBK and British Superbikes along with Speedway. Making it the channel of choice for  two wheeled action 

• Like 1