British Speedway Forum
Happy Hunter

Has Kelv put his heating on yet?

1 hour ago, Pieman72 said:

Lighten up lads they make a superb duo knowledgable, random, funny and friendly banter all rolled into one. More, more, more !!!

I don’t think anyone is having a go at the duo…….just one half

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Badge said:

One worrying thing for me, on the eurosport coverage,  was the shoehorning in of Sam "straightaway" Ermolenko.  Terrible commentator. 

If Sam is involved in the commentary for the GPs next year, I'll be watching the Polish coverage online....
I appreciate Sam as an ex rider, and he used to have some good input in the studio back in the Sky GP coverage days but he is, without doubt, THE WORST commentator I have ever heard for speedway on National TV...Eurosport's commentary team for their coverage of the SEC and U21 this year has been horrible. 
The first round of the SEC this year had a technical issue which saw no commentary provided....That was sooo much better than the following rounds and the U21 rounds where they got it sorted and I had to listen to their dreadful comms team.
Please, Discovery, give me NIgel and Kelvin next year and not the horror that is Dave and Sam....

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, HenryW said:

If Sam is involved in the commentary for the GPs next year, I'll be watching the Polish coverage online....
I appreciate Sam as an ex rider, and he used to have some good input in the studio back in the Sky GP coverage days but he is, without doubt, THE WORST commentator I have ever heard for speedway on National TV...Eurosport's commentary team for their coverage of the SEC and U21 this year has been horrible. 
The first round of the SEC this year had a technical issue which saw no commentary provided....That was sooo much better than the following rounds and the U21 rounds where they got it sorted and I had to listen to their dreadful comms team.
Please, Discovery, give me NIgel and Kelvin next year and not the horror that is Dave and Sam....

If you don't enjoy listening to Sam Ermolenko commentate, you don't enjoy life :rofl:

• Like 1

Kelv says "speedway out of the top drawer" so often, I'm surprised he's not sponsored by IKEA! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, OGT said:

Kelv says "speedway out of the top drawer" so often, I'm surprised he's not sponsored by IKEA! 

And Specsavers for "you can't take your eyes of this one Nige"...

• Like 1

No need for any banter tonight, for once the racing did all the talking for them.:D

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 2:54 AM, HenryW said:

Not everyone has developed the skills of a racer and a commentator at the same time. There are many commentators who know (or think they know) more about racing than the drivers themselves! And there are also many riders who do not know how to comment at all, but the importance of their word is not diminished by this.

• Haha 1

They do a great job. At least they look at the camera. They are to speedway what James Hunt and Murray Walker were to F1.

Edited by graeme
  • Like 1

I appreciate Tatum as an ex-rider, he notices the technical things. Don't like Pearson, but as a Wolf, that is probably my Cradley/WBA bias coming in. The one, and only thing, I will compliment Pearson on is that he does give some explanatory words for viewers new to the sport and encourages them to visit their local tracks.

Edited by Beowulf

I'm still not sure if Kelv has got his heating on. Will there be a dramatic announcement after the meeeting tomorrow night or after the SoN meetings? Will we ever know? 

I think that the Pearson/Tatum combination is great and has got better over time, their enthusiasm makes them better than Dave Lanning in my opinion.

I like Scott Nichols in the studio, Chris Louis comes across well and thought Dave Norris was brilliant. Agree that Sam Ermolenko, great rider though he may have been is an awful commentator.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vince said:

I think that the Pearson/Tatum combination is great and has got better over time, their enthusiasm makes them better than Dave Lanning in my opinion.

I like Scott Nichols in the studio, Chris Louis comes across well and thought Dave Norris was brilliant. Agree that Sam Ermolenko, great rider though he may have been is an awful commentator.

Pearson’s knowledge is great and his banter with Tatum is bearable,but why does he have to shout his head off ALL NIGHT.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Pearson’s knowledge is great and his banter with Tatum is bearable,but why does he have to shout his head off ALL NIGHT.

Personally I don't have a problem with it, better than a monotone lack of interest and enthusiasm.

• Like 1

My wife has no interest in Speedway, but always says she enjoys having it on, because of the comments from Pearson and Tatum. The banter has made the coverage much more watchable, as Speedway has a unique issue with the long gaps between the action. It not the commentary of the racing that is important, it's what you say between the heats.

• Like 2