British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

I haven't seen a thread around yet regarding the Gladiators in 2022 so I thought I'd take the bull by the horns. From 2021, we know there's no Bjarne Pedersen. That leaves Crump, Kelleher, Cook, Ruml and Bowtell. We already know Richard Lawson has committed to 2022.

Personally I'd be wanting to keep Bowtell and I'd give Ruml a chance as his second half of the season was a massive improvement. Henry Atkins presumably gets a place in the squad as well.

I'd also suggest the Ben Barker is likely to back riding in Devon next year, I accept I could be wrong but it's an obvious move for the management.

Ben Barker
Richard Lawson
Alfie Bowtell
Dillon Ruml
Henry Atkins....

• Like 1

Didn't Garry May say publicly that he would build the team for 2022 totally differently to this season!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Didn't Garry May say publicly that he would build the team for 2022 totally differently to this season!!

No,but common sense tells you that we won't be having a 12pt average no1,so we will undoubtedly have a more balanced team of that I,m certain 

• Like 1

Riders that spring to mind and depending on limits and things.

bowtell 

atkins 

crump 

cook 

kelleher 

Rumul 

king

lawson

harris 

barker 

Just say we have to have to build the same as we did last year so 41 points including a reserve from the graded riders.

easiest choice is number 7 and that will be Atkins. Should imagine on a 2* as he was last year possibly a 1* if he’s been out for a few months. 

Lawson is confirmed so that’s 2 riders. 

personally I’d look at king and Harris next both big points but I think that we would ha e enough as a whole to get threw meetings. 

so currently I have….

1 - Danny King - 9.22

2 -

3 - Chris Harris - 7.89

4 -

5 - Richard Lawson - 8.73

6 -

7 - Atkins - 2*

Total - 27.84

Remaining - 13.16

Wishing Bowtell is on a 3* ( possibly 4* reserve list ) wishful thinking I know as I think Bowtell is on a 6 now which seems high but I do really like him, it would be a struggle to have him away from home as a 6 point rider. Main reason I didn’t put him in any teams is because I’ve no idea what average he is on as he’s down as 3*. I’

1 - Danny King - 9.22

2 -

3 - Chris Harris - 7.89

4 -

5 - Richard Lawson - 8.73

6 - Bowtell - 3*/4*

7 - Atkins - 2*

Total - 30.84 or 31.84 

Remaining - 10.16 or 9.16 

if it’s 10.16 I’d go, Newman and Rumul/Zane or Barker/3.01 rider. 

if it’s 9.16 I’d go maybe Rumul and Zane 

The other way to go is take a gamble that barker is going to be committed and have reliable equipment. If he does and bowtell is still a 3* reserve is go…..

1 - Lawson - 8.73 

2 -

3 - Barker - 7.05

4 -

5 - Harris - 7.89 

6 - Bowtell - 3*

7 - Atkins - 2*

This would leave 12.33 for the final two positions. Could go…..

11.98 - Wells and Newman 

11.33/11.48 - Palm Toft and Rumul/Kelaher 

12.14 - Roynan and Crump 

• Confused 1

Harris is the interesting one. Seemed to really enjoy his visits to the colosseum this season and rode the track brilliantly. Personally, unless Crump's average is drastically different I can't see it happening. My idea would be:

1. Lawson
2. ? Maybe a Kelleher? 
3. Harris
4. Bowtell
5. Barker
6. Ruml
7. Atkins

I think we need to see what teams actually come to the tapes before looking at the Plymouth septet. 

Wouldn't want Kelleher back and I'm on the fence over Bowtell and Ruml - I'd love to give Alfie the shot but he'd have to be in the main body and that would worry me.

Lawson, King, Barker, Atkins, Bowtell, Ruml and maybe Newman could be a 7 that fits.

What's for sure is Plymouth will surely be more competitive next season and need a stronger all round team.

5 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

No chance Danny King will be there that's 100% sure fact

So who is he signing for? ;) Only way I can see it being 100%

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So who is he signing for? ;) Only way I can see it being 100%

Well maybe thoise that saw last week's Chateau DIY programme,  the fact that Chris Louis was with Matt Ford in the Chateau could be a clue!!?  Done deal!:t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Well maybe thoise that saw last week's Chateau DIY programme,  the fact that Chris Louis was with Matt Ford in the Chateau could be a clue!!?  Done deal!:t:

Lol, I managed to watch a few episodes and did think at one point 'that looks like Chris Louis to me...' :D

I guess this is based on if we are not persuaded to move up...;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, I managed to watch a few episodes and did think at one point 'that looks like Chris Louis to me...' :D

In my opinion we will only be tempted back to Premiership if we are not restricted to Mondays and Thursdays!!  Plus having sufficient sponsorship to cover costs!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 7:05 PM, lisa-colette said:

Yes it was definitely Chris Louis

So could there be a new signing announcement coming soon - possibly a 'new-to-UK' racing rider? (Apart from last weekend of course!);)