British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

19 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I hope Anders Rowe is nowhere near Plymouth personally

Why out of interest? Personally i hope he goes somewhere bigger to progress his career

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

No chance with Brennan.Unless Glasgow don’t run.

anyway we are only a traintng track before they of   to pastures new im afraid :t:

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

No chance with Brennan.Unless Glasgow don’t run.

Infact at this point (and hate saying it as saw him progress all those years at Eastbourne) another year at BV and Glasgow would be great for him at this point in his career. As usual points limit will probably dictate more than anything 

9 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Infact at this point (and hate saying it as saw him progress all those years at Eastbourne) another year at BV and Glasgow would be great for him at this point in his career. As usual points limit will probably dictate more than anything 

Tom was pretty non committal about next season in post match interviews, all the riders were tbh. Only one said wanted to be back was ulle!!

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Tom was pretty non committal about next season in post match interviews, all the riders were tbh. Only one said wanted to be back was ulle!!

Surprised really,  maybe logistically doesn't fit other plans perhaps of Tom's or some of the others? Sorry perhaps shouldn't start this discussion on the Plymouth bit.

Edited by gazzac

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Nearly all are otherwise there would be a backlash & struggle to get out of there. Riders say what supporters hopefully want to hear. Nothing will be said definitive until announced by the club.

5 hours ago, Doners123 said:

1 - Richard Lawson - 8.51
2 - Alfie Bowtell - 4.77
3 - MPT - 7.33 
4 - Kyle Newman - 5.43
5 - Danny king - 8.95
6 - Anders Rowe - 3.98 
7 - Henry Atkins - 2* ( to be confirmed I assume ) 

Think I’d go along those lines. 41 points exact if that’s a potential limit.

I would like Brennan but think he’s unrealistic. Also Nicol and heeps but think they will be on most teams radars as well. 

Ben Barker??????

5 hours ago, pitgate52 said:

Henry Atkins signs for Plymouth.

Always on the cards, Henry has every opportunity to up his average in 2022, with a decent all round team there should be every chance he will.

However the Plymouth press release stating Henry Atkins as a "SUPERSTAR" is way off the mark but maybe just a tongue in cheek dig a dad Mike? 

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Ben Barker??????

Great rider around Plymouth and if it was just a result business for Ben Barker I think he would be superb.

the issue I have is his machinery and how he seems to have a bit of an ego around Plymouth. 

again I’d love for him to prove me wrong, and as you say the points he scores is very good but would someone like palm toft score nearly as many and be more of a team player ? 

2 - 
3 - 
4 - 
5 -
6 - Alfie Bowtell - 4.77
7 - Henry Atkins - 2* ( to be confirmed I assume and on average of rising star ) 

Ben Barker - 6.87 
Tom Brennan - 6.31
Adam Roynan - 5.07
Cameron heeps - 4.95 
Edward Kenneth - 7.18 
Ricky wells - 6.70 
Kyle Newman 5.43 
MPT - 7.33 
Danny king - 8.98
Dillon Rumul - 4.00 
Brock nicol - 5.50
Scott Nichols - 8.9

zane Keleher - 4.15 

Zach cook - 4.40 

Lawson, Atkins And Bowtell = 25.72 left

Edited by Doners123

12 hours ago, Doners123 said:

2 - 
3 - 
4 - 
5 -
6 - Alfie Bowtell - 4.77
7 - Henry Atkins - 2* ( to be confirmed I assume and on average of rising star ) 

Ben Barker - 6.87 
Tom Brennan - 6.31
Adam Roynan - 5.07
Cameron heeps - 4.95 
Edward Kenneth - 7.18 
Ricky wells - 6.70 
Kyle Newman 5.43 
MPT - 7.33 
Danny king - 8.98
Dillon Rumul - 4.00 
Brock nicol - 5.50
Scott Nichols - 8.9

zane Keleher - 4.15 

Zach cook - 4.40 

Lawson, Atkins And Bowtell = 25.72 left

How do you know the team building limits? No one else does

• Like 1

I'm sure I read Poles are launching an U23 League next year and Clubs are allowed a few Foreign riders each.

Not hard to see the cream of UK under 23 crop being over there most weekends with huge earning potential comparing to UK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I'm sure I read Poles are launching an U23 League next year and Clubs are allowed a few Foreign riders each.

Not hard to see the cream of UK under 23 crop being over there most weekends with huge earning potential comparing to UK.

The incentive is definitely there isnt it? 

Do well at U23 level and you could be riding for the same club on BIG money a year or two down the line...

The U23 league is being very well backed financially too so it will be interesting to see who gets chosen by the Poles..

They want to expand the top league so know they need riders to be at a certain level to compete, and thus, not dilute the quality...

And also know that there probably wont be enough Poles to fill the amount of team places available.. 

Hence giving these lads from further afield a chance to develop...

A very forward looking plan..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

The incentive is definitely there isnt it? 

Do well at U23 level and you could be riding for the same club on BIG money a year or two down the line...

The U23 league is being very well backed financially too so it will be interesting to see who gets chosen by the Poles..

They want to expand the top league so know they need riders to be at a certain level to compete, and thus, not dilute the quality...

And also know that there probably wont be enough Poles to fill the amount of team places available.. 

Hence giving these lads from further afield a chance to develop...

A very forward looking plan..

Sounds like the Poles have taken a good look at what British speedway is doing and then done the opposite. They are determined to maintain the standard and know that to do so the bar must be set and riders achieve this level (or their will be others to take their place). The UK is blighted by the inclusion for all mentality and lowering the bar until the numbers add up for the season ahead only.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sounds like the Poles have taken a good look at what British speedway is doing and then done the opposite. They are determined to maintain the standard and know that to do so the bar must be set and riders achieve this level (or their will be others to take their place). The UK is blighted by the inclusion for all mentality and lowering the bar until the numbers add up for the season ahead only.

Indeed...

The UK spent many millions on paying top riders to ride over here, and very little of the money received was set aside for planning for the future growth of the sport...

Hence, when the money stopped coming in, and all the top lads left, we have ended up with around 90 riders (tops), of the required level for circa (give or take at any single moment given how quickly tracks close), around 124 top two divisions team places..

The Poles havent just spent the huge new TV and Sponsorship deals on paying the "top lads", they are instead investing a considerable amount of it for their future growth and success...

'Seeing beyond the end of their nose' I believe would be a good description..

You would think the likes of Brennan, Palin etc would be very much at the forefront of their thoughts which can only impact UK Speedway team building plans, especially in the Championship given their spread of race nights..

Edited by mikebv