Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

On 11/26/2021 at 6:22 PM, Mike0310 said:

Some Poole fans on here are so happy to tell us we will be crap everywhere we go on our travels,I can’t wait till you announce your team as I will pull it apart like you have ours that’s if some not all can pull there heads out of there own arses to read it you would think you had won  next years league already. I await your wonder teams 1-7 with baited breath if it’s going to be so easy why don’t you go into the big boys league and try and win that.,and let some of the rest of the minnows win something.it must be hell of a boring battering teams every week wouldn’t you prefer close racing and meetings which could go either way.or is it the Poole way just win at all costs.

Plymouth have put together a decent team. Certainly an improvement on last season. But their top riders peaked a while back. They should be strong at home but struggle on their travels. Won’t drop many points at their track.  If they scrape into the playoffs it should be considered a very good season for them. I don’t believe they can realistically expect anything more than that.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Plymouth have put together a decent team. Certainly an improvement on last season. But their top riders peaked a while back. They should be strong at home but struggle on their travels. Won’t drop many points at their track.  If they scrape into the playoffs it should be considered a very good season for them. I don’t believe they can realistically expect anything more than that.  

another dads army team then lol 

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if Plymouth have any rider assets? if so it would make sense to get them fixed up with a team place somewhere.

Will Gary May carry on as team manager in 2022? if so can we PLEASE can stop him & other team managers switching the reserve riders rides, which is only to the detriment of your weakest reserve! overall you gain nothing.

Finally when will season tickets go on sale.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Will Gary May carry on as team manager in 2022? if so can we PLEASE can stop him & other team managers switching the reserve riders rides, which is only to the detriment of your weakest reserve! 

Sorry can’t agree with this view. This is what a team manager should be doing working his team to get the best result.

Edited by Sherborne Green
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

Will Gary May carry on as team manager in 2022? if so can we PLEASE can stop him & other team managers switching the reserve riders rides, which is only to the detriment of your weakest reserve!

Sorry can’t agree with this view. This is what a team manager should be doing working his team to get the best result.

Yeah have to agree. If you're number 7 doesn't score in heats 2 and 4 then naturally look to replace him in 8, 12 or 14 and give no.7 3rd ride in no 6's hardest ride on paper Team management 101 I'd have thought. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Can anyone tell me if Plymouth have any rider assets? if so it would make sense to get them fixed up with a team place somewhere.

Will Gary May carry on as team manager in 2022? if so can we PLEASE can stop him & other team managers switching the reserve riders rides, which is only to the detriment of your weakest reserve! overall you gain nothing.

Garry May definitely team manager next season so you better take 2 pens at all times

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2021 at 6:35 PM, Jaizer said:

Yeah have to agree. If you're number 7 doesn't score in heats 2 and 4 then naturally look to replace him in 8, 12 or 14 and give no.7 3rd ride in no 6's hardest ride on paper Team management 101 I'd have thought. 

One of the problems then being your number 7 rider quits you then have to find a replacement, normally a lesser rider than the one that has only lost confidence (but still a good prospect). A good team manager you would hope can advise & encourage your number 6s & 7s or have a designated person to do so. 

On 12/4/2021 at 1:56 PM, Ghosty said:

On 12/4/2021 at 6:35 PM, Jaizer said:

If you have a reserve like Archie Freeman or Luke Crang who score 0 most weeks it makes sense to put them at number 6, giving them the hardest rides & putting your stronger reserve at 7 to score more in heats 4,8,12&14.

For a team like Glasgow who could put Sedgmen at 6 to beat opposition second strings & Bailey at 7 to beat opposition reserves it makes sense to put the stronger rider at 6.

However if you put a weak reserve at number 6 you're basically running with a 6 man team as you won't expect them to score anything after heat 2!

Have Gladiator fans seen that Poole have been given some of their own medicine:

Shock horror Basso signs for Glasgow! will the John Davis food van be selling just deserts for 2022?

• Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 10:56 PM, szkocjasid said:

If you have a reserve like Archie Freeman or Luke Crang who score 0 most weeks it makes sense to put them at number 6, giving them the hardest rides & putting your stronger reserve at 7 to score more in heats 4,8,12&14.

For a team like Glasgow who could put Sedgmen at 6 to beat opposition second strings & Bailey at 7 to beat opposition reserves it makes sense to put the stronger rider at 6.

However if you put a weak reserve at number 6 you're basically running with a 6 man team as you won't expect them to score anything after heat 2!

If you put your stronger reserve at no.6 though, they get an inside gate which can prove vital at Plymouth in the early races. They can then be swapped around accordingly after that.

• Like 1

I hope Mark Philips and Garry May have not been listening to Gladiators Ex Director Ian Jordan by running 2 teams in 2022. It failed badly at Eastbourne this season.

Hope it does not go that way at Plymouth in 2022.

2 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

I hope Mark Philips and Garry May have not been listening to Gladiators Ex Director Ian Jordan by running 2 teams in 2022. It failed badly at Eastbourne this season.

But it succeeded brilliantly at Berwick!          

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

But it succeeded brilliantly at Berwick!          

Of course it did.!!:rolleyes:

Season tickets now available, I know myself & others purchased 2021 tickets on the strength of seeing Jason Crump each week, although disappointed Jason missed a few meetings with injury most were very happy with the evenings entertainment provided. 

What will I do should Jason sign for Poole or Oxford next season? both former JC tracks & both not "miles" away for myself or Jason's '21 UK base.

What are speedway UK plans should covid restrictions tighten?

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Season tickets now available, I know myself & others purchased 2021 tickets on the strength of seeing Jason Crump each week, although disappointed Jason missed a few meetings with injury most were very happy with the evenings entertainment provided. 

What will I do should Jason sign for Poole or Oxford next season? both former JC tracks & both not "miles" away for myself or Jason's '21 UK base.

What are speedway UK plans should covid restrictions tighten?

has jason said he will ride in the uk next season not seen it any where ?