British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think Kennett would have been a second string by June at best with Anderson, Palm Toft and Barker in that team 

Surely Zaine Keleher would score well at home and probably better away and turn up away more than Kennett. 

Not sure about that. If he is better away than Kennett then they would have signed him instead of Kennett in the first place imo.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HGould said:

I think Kennett would have been a second string by June at best with Anderson, Palm Toft and Barker in that team 

Surely Zaine Keleher would score well at home and probably better away and turn up away more than Kennett

Kennet miles better than Keleher imo. But Keleher may be the best of the rest available now!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Yeh, you’re right there. Like Poole. Or, before Kennett packed it in, erm, Plymouth.
And they’re not the only ones - how about Leicester, Redcar or, arguably, Scunthorpe.

if a rethink is required, it’s to cut the number of teams down to fit the riders available. When Oxford were allowed in, Birmingham should have been refused as, despite all the hot air coming out from Perry Barr, there is no way they can put together a competitive team for the budget that seems to be available. In my opinion

Just need a lower points limit, bring back the "rising stars" and there will be enough riders to go around!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Bad timing even with understandable reasons. Given he has no other Speedway commitments it would have been more helpful to at least "encourage" Kennett to stay on and do the first meeting then quit? He cops a ban for with holding services, Plymouth get to run RR until a replacement is found.....

Good idea!

Adam Ellis ain't doing championship, what is his average

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skippy said:

Adam Ellis ain't doing championship, what is his average

7.66 by BSPL Website

7 hours ago, TTT said:

Teams struggling to find riders and now Plymouth will be in the same boat.

The whole league structure needs a rethink and clubs like Poole shouldn't be allowed to sign 3 x No.1's imo as it's leading to a very unbalanced league.

Poole signed aTeam within the points limit ,same as every other Team in the League,so don’t know what you are talking about.:rolleyes:

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Poole signed aTeam within the points limit ,same as every other Team in the League,so don’t know what you are talking about.:rolleyes:

In the Premier/Elite league a few years ago I'm sure you could only have 2 riders with an 8 point plus average? Why - it spreads the top riders around the league, it gives more balance to all teams. Top heavy teams have a "unfair advantage" especially heats in 13, 14 & 15.

Time me thinks for a E.G.M. of the B.S.P. Limited & a reshuffle the 2022 team line ups.  

7 hours ago, Ghosty said:

In the Premier/Elite league a few years ago I'm sure you could only have 2 riders with an 8 point plus average? Why - it spreads the top riders around the league, it gives more balance to all teams. Top heavy teams have a "unfair advantage" especially heats in 13, 14 & 15.

Time me thinks for a E.G.M. of the B.S.P. Limited & a reshuffle the 2022 team line ups.  

Whoa There!!!

It's British Speedway Titles you are talking about...

It's definitely worth one or two clubs going out of the leagues mid season, due to being uncompetitive to see that one team recieve all those national accolades from the media, all that kudos, and the huge financial rewards that winning a British Speedway Title brings...

In fact. It would be even better to lose a couple of teams as more Guests would then be available to help that one team to win it..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

One thing this rider shortage does prove is that those people calling for one big league over the last few seasons were proved wrong, in that there is nowhere near enough riders to go round. 

There is probably some legs in the limiting of signing riders over a certain average - but again, you’d have thought this problem would of been foreseen by the governing body and not an afterthought because teams are struggling to complete their teams (in both divisions too!)

• Like 4

Gutted for the Plymouth fans...with Kennett, they looked to have had a cracking side that would've surely made the play offs....

If they get Ellis, they will be even stronger!

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Gutted for the Plymouth fans...with Kennett, they looked to have had a cracking side that would've surely made the play offs....

If they get Ellis, they will be even stronger!

Guess it depends if Ellis is doing Sweden?

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Guess it depends if Ellis is doing Sweden?

Dackarna.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned but as I understand it Eddie Kennett has accepted a promotion at his work place and now cannot commit to midweek meetings.

Not surprising and reasonably understandable after recent years' financial issues.

• Like 1