British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

If anyone can come up with a viable option it's  the Plymouth promotion :t:

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 1:12 PM, lewy said:

If anyone can come up with a viable option it's  the Plymouth promotion :t:

Unfortunately, despite coming up with a viable option, some power drunk BSPL people choose to not allow it. It's the lunacy of having the rule makers also being your business rivals 

2 minutes ago, wtf said:

Unfortunately, despite coming up with a viable option, some power drunk BSPL people choose to not allow it. It's the lunacy of having the rule makers also being your business rivals 

What was the viable option then.? You seem to be in the know.

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What was the viable option then.? You seem to be in the know.

I'm not going to give you details as it would betray something told in confidence. Just to say the Plymouth promotion have not been sat idle, have come up with perfectly good solutions, agreed at least one deal only to be told by people "more senior" to them, that they will not allow it to happen.

No surprise there, self interest as per. No doubt one or two promoters got twitchy about how strong Plymouth might have ended up. Shame.

1 hour ago, wtf said:

I'm not going to give you details as it would betray something told in confidence. Just to say the Plymouth promotion have not been sat idle, have come up with perfectly good solutions, agreed at least one deal only to be told by people "more senior" to them, that they will not allow it to happen.

Why do the Promotion give details if there is corruption going on.

48 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No surprise there, self interest as per. No doubt one or two promoters got twitchy about how strong Plymouth might have ended up. Shame.

Just one, it wasn't a case of how strong, more a case of if I can't have him, no one else will. It is the problem, where a business rival is also administering the rules 

Just one person can decide? Does that mean it might have been the chairman, or maybe a veto situation? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wtf said:

Just one, it wasn't a case of how strong, more a case of if I can't have him, no one else will. It is the problem, where a business rival is also administering the rules 

Under the rule “in the best interests of the sport “ no doubt.

• Like 1

'Infamy, infamy. They've all got it in for me!!!!':party:

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

'Infamy, infamy. They've all got it in for me!!!!':party:

dont tell him your name pike !  :o

5 hours ago, Bendonebunching said:

Eddie Kennett is now available to ride so is Plymouth's last signing.

Great news for all at Plymouth that Kennett can continue in the side.

The other signing seems to have hit snagging problems in that he is already riding over here in the Premiership aswell as abroad and was veto‘d on that reason. Seems crazy when there is a rider shortage as there is without blocking teams further.

Not to worry for Plymouth fans, as on the face of it they have a fantastic team, especially around their home track. 

• Like 1