British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Has Atkins  got aNDL Team place.? Don’t think Champoinship Clubs will be queuing up for him with that attitude.

He was in both Plymouth teams.

I honestly don’t understand what all the fuss is about using guests. Plymouth started the season with a full 7 riders and have lost 2 to serious injuries and 1 rider has quit the team so the situation is not of their own making.

We know from pre season that teams were struggling to even fill their teams so there isn’t going to be a long list of riders out there to replace them with.

As a spectator, I would rather spend my money going to to a meeting and watching a team with guests if needs be in order to make it a good meeting to watch with similar strength teams on track rather than punish their misfortune.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

What do you mean when. ?? 

I'm expecting Ablitt to be at Poole for the season.:t:

Would have thought he would be, young, met, maybe exceeded expectations and will only get better. 

• Like 1

2 confirmed new reserves full time for Plymouth. 

Ben Morley and Harry Mcgurk.

Ben is an obvious one and we know rides the home track well and Harry is by all accounts a bright prospect and hopefully he can add and develop.

search for a number one continues but can’t be disappointed with the effort mark and Gary are putting in by trying at-least 16 different riders 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doners123 said:

2 confirmed new reserves full time for Plymouth. 

Ben Morley and Harry Mcgurk.

Ben is an obvious one and we know rides the home track well and Harry is by all accounts a bright prospect and hopefully he can add and develop.

search for a number one continues but can’t be disappointed with the effort mark and Gary are putting in by trying at-least 16 different riders 

Probably the best available. Ben has proven this season and in previous years that he's very good at Plymouth, although I don't think he'll do much away. As for Harry he's probably the best NL rider out there not with a team and I wish him all the best. Good luck to them both!

• Like 1

Winning at home is good for business 

Ben Morley will beat a fair few  Heat Leaders at home 

Away from home if he picks up 3-5 points he could win you the title

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Winning at home is good for business 

Ben Morley will beat a fair few  Heat Leaders at home 

Away from home if he picks up 3-5 points he could win you the title

Nothing like getting ahead of yourself is there! 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Nothing like getting ahead of yourself is there! 

I've been reading the Poole topics it seems very popular among their fans

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I've been reading the Poole topics it seems very popular among their fans

Not sure we've gone as far ahead as October yet! :D

• Haha 1

Poole Pirates gonna win everything again.........YIPPEEEEEEE.  :party:

I'll go with that even in November like last season :cheers:

Sorry, couldn't resist adding to the above banter, mind yer the engraver as already etched Pirates as winners on to all the trophies coz it was cheaper for the BSPA to av a job lot done early!

:rofl:

Edited by Turnip

Seriously though, all the best Gladiators for the rest of the season.

Hope u get that no.1 sorted asap. 

Kick Bandit bottie tonight before we kick em a bit more tomorrow  @lewy

:D

Edited by Turnip
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2022 at 2:34 PM, Marky_Mark said:

I honestly don’t understand what all the fuss is about using guests. Plymouth started the season with a full 7 riders and have lost 2 to serious injuries and 1 rider has quit the team so the situation is not of their own making.

We know from pre season that teams were struggling to even fill their teams so there isn’t going to be a long list of riders out there to replace them with.

As a spectator, I would rather spend my money going to to a meeting and watching a team with guests if needs be in order to make it a good meeting to watch with similar strength teams on track rather than punish their misfortune.

I simply go to watch and hope I see a decent meeting.There is no credibility in GB in Team speedway for the last few seasons.

Problem is can’t see crowd levels increasing dramatically at many Clubs.Riders demands are getting beyond the viable levelI fear.Can only the see the standard of rider dropping.Still could be entertaining but Admission Prices are getting  “over the top” for a lot of fans IMO,making regular attendance doubtful.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I simply go to watch and hope I see a decent meeting.There is no credibility in GB in Team speedway for the last few seasons.

Problem is can’t see crowd levels increasing dramatically at many Clubs.Riders demands are getting beyond the viable levelI fear.Can only the see the standard of rider dropping.Still could be entertaining but Admission Prices are getting  “over the top” for a lot of fans IMO,making regular attendance doubtful.

Is there a link to stream the meeting? Thanks