British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

19 hours ago, marko said:

50% chance of light rain 24 hours ahead of the meeting and they call it off?
Sorry but that’s pathetic,  might as well end the season now if this is the yard stick.

You really look pathetic now heavy rain strong winds  in Plymouth atm not a chance of any speedway happening tonight. :nono:

Edited by lewy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So with the new July GSA's out, Barker goes to 1 and no more Harris guesting for a month at least.

Why are you so good at stating the obvious some things don't need saying but if it makes you feel clever crack on.

20 hours ago, marko said:

50% chance of light rain 24 hours ahead of the meeting and they call it off?
Sorry but that’s pathetic,  might as well end the season now if this is the yard stick.

You may rest assured that I'm never going to borrow your bit of seaweed. It's been persisting it down for hours

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Why are you so good at stating the obvious some things don't need saying but if it makes you feel clever crack on.

crack crack crack:rofl:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bendonebunching said:

Correct call to postpone the meeting,  it's chucking it down in Plymouth now.

And it's still chucking it down.

Is Marko the weather troll for this league??? He has slagged several promotions now for early call offs, even though he lives 100's of miles away from the affected tracks. Every whinge he has had about early call offs the promotions have all proved to have got it right and the tracks have been unrideable.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, iainb said:

... and they'll still be trying to get it all finished by 31/10

Surely the season won't go to the end of October, but with Speedway you can never be sure!

16 hours ago, lewy said:

You really look pathetic now heavy rain strong winds  in Plymouth atm not a chance of any speedway happening tonight. :nono:

Easy to say after the event, when I made my post your track was likely bone dry.

FWIW I hope you can fit your fixtures in and make the play offs, as I like the Plymouth team and especially the track.

Just a shame about Dan Gilkes.

10 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Is Marko the weather troll for this league??? He has slagged several promotions now for early call offs, even though he lives 100's of miles away from the affected tracks. Every whinge he has had about early call offs the promotions have all proved to have got it right and the tracks have been unrideable.

100s of miles but I paid for the BSN so I have an interest in meetings being run subject to track conditions and rider safety, I will never complain where a meeting is called off and the track is clearly is not in a fit state to ride on let alone race.

22 minutes ago, marko said:

Easy to say after the event, when I made my post your track was likely bone dry.

FWIW I hope you can fit your fixtures in and make the play offs, as I like the Plymouth team and especially the track.

Just a shame about Dan Gilkes.

Of course it was bone  dry it was the day before.!!!!!

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Of course it was bone  dry it was the day before.!!!!!

My point exactly, it was over 24 hours before the meeting.

A lot can happen in 24 hours, including the forecast being changed.

They could have at least waited until the morning and reviewed it then and made the same call if need be and still prevent unnecessary journeys from both parties, medical cover etc

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, marko said:

My point exactly, it was over 24 hours before the meeting.

A lot can happen in 24 hours, including the forecast being changed.

They could have at least waited until the morning and reviewed it then and made the same call if need be and still prevent unnecessary journeys from both parties, medical cover etc

So you'd have waited til the morning of the match? 

What time 2am, 4am,6am,8am,10am, 11.58am. 

Then you'd announce the blindingly obvious. 

It's going to hammer down from early afternoon,   so the match we could have called off last night, so that you coukd plan your day accordingly.plus riders officials medics etc plan there's, we're going to call off now instead just to wind up to 1000 people up. 

Not to mention those at work, at school, preparing bikes, preparing medical kits, getting food in etc etc. 

Strikes me that rather than admit Plymouth we're right and you were wrong, you want to carry on against the blindingly obvious facts. 

• Like 4

We will never agree it seems.

yes it was the right call in hindsight, but a weather forecast is just a prediction , not a certain fact you could bet your house on.

3 hours ago, marko said:

We will never agree it seems.

yes it was the right call in hindsight, but a weather forecast is just a prediction , not a certain fact you could bet your house on.

Blimey. A forecast a prediction a percentage chance its all the same thing. The likelihood was that it was going to piddle down and a high likelihood at that so the promotion called the meeting off early saving / reducing costs to them (they will have already incurred fees for the rain off so its not like they get off freely) saving untold amounts of mileage travelled (Plymouth especially being an outpost will mean travelling the day prior is more common) and of course the countless amounts of work days that need not be cancelled due to travelling to the fixture by the early call off.

Yes the predictions can be wrong but id much rather see an early call off end up dry than a meeting abandoned/not start when a poor forecast proved to be accurate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1