British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Bet a contract was never signed

Spot on sugarray,  most riders don't sign contracts till just before the start of the season. 

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

Bet a contract was never signed

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Spot on sugarray,  most riders don't sign contracts till just before the start of the season. 

Imagine that's correct, a deal in principle,  how many times before the start of the season have we seen a promoter not continue with a 'signed' rider because the points limit wasn't as high as thought or to be honest a better rider appear in the frame and have to juggle the team to accommodate him.

1 minute ago, gazzac said:

Imagine that's correct, a deal in principle,  how many times before the start of the season have we seen a promoter not continue with a 'signed' rider because the points limit wasn't as high as thought or to be honest a better rider appear in the frame and have to juggle the team to accommodate him.

That's true and why riders may agree,  but it means nothing till they sign That's why you see riders moving just before season starts sometimes

• Like 2

Lawson signed for Sheffield in 2020 but moved before riding for them due to various rumours. 

Happens regularly like with Richie Worrall at Edinburgh. 

Garry May is never short of contacts or options. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Lawson signed for Sheffield in 2020 but moved before riding for them due to various rumours. 

Happens regularly like with Richie Worrall at Edinburgh. 

Garry May is never short of contacts or options. 

Very true - and one of Garry's regular contacts and friends is..........Richard Lawson!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Very true - and one of Garry's regular contacts and friends is..........Richard Lawson!!

Might be a bit awkward atm then!! (If what was reported in Poland is true of course;)).

What are Gary May's team plans now that Richard Lawson has jumped ship & Eddie Kennett's average was mis calculated (so we are told).

Next signing might be Mark Phillip's "nephew".

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

What are Gary May's team plans now that Richard Lawson has jumped ship & Eddie Kennett's average was mis calculated (so we are told).

Next signing might be Mark Phillip's "nephew".

Richie Worrall.

33 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Richie Worrall.

Lol. I am not good at Geography but pretty sure Plymouth is further away from where he lives than Edinburgh!

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol. I am not good at Geography but pretty sure Plymouth is further away from where he lives than Edinburgh!

I'm not good at Geography either.

I'm just going with the rumour regarding Richie Worrall that's doing the rounds on facebook at the moment.

6 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I'm not good at Geography either.

I'm just going with the rumour regarding Richie Worrall that's doing the rounds on facebook at the moment.

Richie Worrall has signed for Leicester

So has Lawson jumped ship then or not? Is Garry May still going to be at Plymouth next season? If Kennett is number 1, can Plymouth seriously be better than the bottom 3 again?

I find it unbelievable that neither promotion has said anything.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

So has Lawson jumped ship then or not? Is Garry May still going to be at Plymouth next season? If Kennett is number 1, can Plymouth seriously be better than the bottom 3 again?

Kennett no1? If that's the case maybe Plymouth are having strength in depth?

Well Poole aren't announcing any signings til Dec apparently. So that leaves Plymouth. Maybe they will say something when they have a replacement? If the Polish press was correct of course. They always seem to be though! 

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Maybe there is nothing to say...........?!

• Like 1