British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

On 11/11/2021 at 1:22 PM, szkocjasid said:

I certainly enjoy making up teams, but not knowing the final averages does take the fun out a bit!

Last season's final averages are on the BSPAs site. Are these not the ones to be used to start next season?

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe there is nothing to say...........?!

Is that a flat out denial Skidder?? ;)

5 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Last season's final averages are on the BSPAs site. Are these not the ones to be used to start next season?

Think there is an issue with taking out the Eastbourne meetings.

13 hours ago, Ghosty said:

What are Gary May's team plans now that Richard Lawson has jumped ship & Eddie Kennett's average was mis calculated (so we are told).

Next signing might be Mark Phillip's "nephew".

With all the riders averages changing due to Eastbourne's demise, I would think all of the Eastbourne riders would be the same so Kennett & Newman would fall back to their 2019 average.

Edited by IronScorpion

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Think there is an issue with taking out the Eastbourne meetings. 

Seems to be taking forever to sort out only raced 11 meetings

Edited by Normski
add text

It seems to me that there are two, not necessarily linked, issues with regard to the Eastbourne fixtures.

1. The Eastbourne match results are logically removed from the league tables, no argument.

2. The points scored by riders in the Eastbourne fixtures should, in my opinion, stand for the purposes of calculating averages. Those rides were seriously contested at that time and represent the ability of those riders at that moment. Therefore they should contribute to averages going forward. For sure, it would make the calculation of all riders averages a damn sight simpler.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, False dawn said:

It seems to me that there are two, not necessarily linked, issues with regard to the Eastbourne fixtures.

1. The Eastbourne match results are logically removed from the league tables, no argument.

2. The points scored by riders in the Eastbourne fixtures should, in my opinion, stand for the purposes of calculating averages. Those rides were seriously contested at that time and represent the ability of those riders at that moment. Therefore they should contribute to averages going forward. For sure, it would make the calculation of all riders averages a damn sight simpler.

I was going to say I tend to agree as it's not like riders weren't paid for it... But then that wouldn't be strictly true either

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I agree there is no reason to remove the Eastbourne matches from the rolling averages! Those matches were raced under the same rules as every other league match, apart from being unfair on Kennett upping his ave, it's also a lot simpler to just leave them in!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Those aren't the final averages, ignoring the Eastbourne situation, after the "October" averages are published the "Final" averages should be published!

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree there is no reason to remove the Eastbourne matches from the rolling averages! Those matches were raced under the same rules as every other league match, apart from being unfair on Kennett upping his ave, it's also a lot simpler to just leave them in!

As Eastbourne wirhdrew from the league then any rider who rode against or for them should have his average adjustef accordingly, otherwise Eastbourne should still appear in the league table. You cannot expunge the team record without also expunging any points from riders who rode either for or against them from them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

As Eastbourne wirhdrew from the league then any rider who rode against or for them should have his average adjustef accordingly, otherwise Eastbourne should still appear in the league table. You cannot expunge the team record without also expunging any points from riders who rode either for or against them from them.  

Yes you can, it's very easy! Remove Eastbourne from the league table, but don't remove the scores. Done!

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Yes you can, it's very easy! Remove Eastbourne from the league table, but don't remove the scores. Done!

I know that but if the fixtures didn't take place then the points earned shouldn't count towards averages

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I know that but if the fixtures didn't take place then the points earned shouldn't count towards averages

So… just pretend Eastbourne were never here then, do the opposition riders have to give their pay back for the meetings against Eastbourne as well?

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I get your point, but the points scored counted towards the averages till the season ended! So how can the matches count for averages then but not now?

I know it's simpler to remove the matches after the season ends, but technically if they don't count should have been removed immediately!

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I get your point, but the points scored counted towards the averages till the season ended! So how can the matches count for averages then but not now?

I know it's simpler to remove the matches after the season ends, but technically if they don't count should have been removed immediately!

The team pts and team averages are expunged from last season for a reason. ,

for example Eastbourne rode  11 league meetings last season before there demise it could have been 8 home meetings and 3 away , which would then give the home riders a disjointed average and most averages will have gone up and it would possibly leave them without a team spot for 22 season 

If no league points have been awarded for any fixtures then it is right no Eastbourne matches can have averages assigned to them