British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

1 minute ago, lewy said:

As you have appointed yourself as Plymouths biggest critic Could you list all your complaints and pm them to me and I will do my best to make sure we take absolutely no notice whatsoever :t:

Great customer service that. How to keep customers happy, just ignore them! lol

2 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Riding order in terms of averages.

Seems solid enough to me.

1. Ed Kennet

2. Alfie Bowtell

3. Michael Palm Toft

4. Ben Barker

5. Hans Andersen

6. Dan Gilkes

7. Henry Atkins

Struggle to make play offs that team imo. Might be good at home but see very few points away from home. Kennet on inflated average if look at 2021 form, Andersen didn't look like a no.1 in championship to me, and a long tail away from home. Should improve on 2021 though so all can ask from any team is progress.

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Struggle to make play offs that team imo. Might be good at home but see very few points away from home. Kennet on inflated average if look at 2021 form, Andersen didn't look like a no.1 in championship to me, and a long tail away from home. Should improve on 2021 though so all can ask from any team is progress.

They'll be formidable at home imo. Hans should love the track considering how he performs at similar gaters paradise tracks.

However like you said Plymouth may find points hard to get on the road.

2 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

They'll be formidable at home imo. Hans should love the track considering how he performs at similar gaters paradise tracks.

However like you said Plymouth may find points hard to get on the road.

Yeah won't drop many points at home agree with that

You may be wrong you maybe right,let’s just see what other teams lineups are before your critical of ours.I no they never won the league last year but didn’t Scunthorpe make the playoffs solely on there home meetings.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mike0310 said:

You may be wrong you maybe right,let’s just see what other teams lineups are before your critical of ours.

Sorry when was I critical? I put forward an opinion based on my observations, followed by its an improvement on 2021. Isn't that what everyone does this time of year?

• Like 2

Home successes should be plentiful with the above team and some scraps on the road should see a play off place perfectly achievable. The team just doesn't look rock solid and if the riders don't gel well it could very much fall apart at the seams. My other hope is that its sustainable as it looks a pricey team on paper.

6 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Two things here, for someone riding a lawnmower he has consistently had a good average. And if you mean he's budgeted sensibly, kept his costs down by not employing expensive tuners then good for him. Yet again we have a 'fan' wanting a rider to have super quick bikes at a time when most fans recognise the need to keep costs down. You couldn't make it up. 

He never seemed down on power from what I've seen , and was probably the most used guest last year ,certainly in the championship and how many times did he guest at Plymouth banging in high scores? Don't want to be a downer for Plymouth, but don't think Andersen will give the same return as Lawson would have done across a season. 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Sorry when was I critical? I put forward an opinion based on my observations, followed by its an improvement on 2021. Isn't that what everyone does this time of year?

I apologise I was being a bit sensitive but  I’m quite protective of my team

Ben Barker can be erratic but he’s a good watch every meeting plus for home meetings he’ll be refreshed from the hour journey to home meeting instead of 6 hours plus

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Kennett at No 1 - he didn't look like one when I went to Eastbourne earlier in the year. To be fair, I did read that her perked up a bit but when I saw him he wasn't race fit by a mile.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I apologise I was being a bit sensitive but  I’m quite protective of my team

We all are. As I said not being critical, it's a team will do well at home which will keep fans happy and coming through the turnstiles which is what's important :t:

I've never been to Plymouth but I do like what is happening down there with the way the club is being promoted. Hope to get there next season :t:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

I've never been to Plymouth but I do like what is happening down there with the way the club is being promoted. Hope to get there next season :t:

The Hoe and the Barbican are lovely if you've never been to Plymouth :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1