British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

21 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

That’s a team that will challenge for the title 

Really? Who's going to improve - Gilkes maybe? Atkins at a push? Barker, Kennett, Andersen are all decent riders but have reached their level. Interesting to see what Bowtell will do with no reserve rides.

Decent side but will be a few better I think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Really? Who's going to improve - Gilkes maybe? Atkins at a push? Barker, Kennett, Andersen are all decent riders but have reached their level. Interesting to see what Bowtell will do with no reserve rides.

Decent side but will be a few better I think.

I can't see Kennett improving his average, but everyone else could do once they get dialed in on the unique Plymouth track. As long as they beat Poole @ Wimbourne road I will be happy as will many others! People have overlooked that Richard Lawson's 2021 season finished with injury, has he fully recovered? might take a while to get back in the grove.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

There's having bad meetings and there's not trying a leg at the back. Cookie was dragged out his sick bed and once tie was over didn't burst a gut. Sam no great on small tracks. 

Yes well I think MPT isn't keen on smaller tracks but when all is on the line MPT turns up, Craig Cook only turned up at Poole when the final was over. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes well I think MPT isn't keen on smaller tracks but when all is on the line MPT turns up, Craig Cook only turned up at Poole when the final was over. 

So he's signed for Plymouth why then :rofl:

So in your opinion a rider with average more than a point lower than the others turns up more often? Haha aye nae bother pal lol

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

MPT guested for Berwick at Rye House a few seasons ago absolutely brilliant around there so can ride a small track with ease

• Like 1

Just now, Normski said:

MPT guested for Berwick at Rye House a few seasons ago absolutely brilliant around there so can ride a small track with ease

Wasn't me said he couldn't ride the small ones buddy. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of said comment :t:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Play off place possibly,Title ,long shot.IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

So in your opinion a rider with average more than a point lower than the others turns up more often? Haha aye nae bother pal lol

No didn't say that, MPT has bad meetings so do many riders, Cook was awful for Kings Lynn that is why he was sacked then had some good meetings for Ipswich. Cook the hero out of his sick bed! Haha. He is always moaning and always has a excuse for a poor meeting. 

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Play off place possibly,Title ,long shot.IMO.

Yes I agree, bottom end looks a little weak for the title in my opinion but could make the playoffs possibly but until we know the makeup of the other teams going to be difficult to judge. 

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No didn't say that, MPT has bad meetings so do many riders, Cook was awful for Kings Lynn that is why he was sacked then had some good meetings for Ipswich. Cook the hero out of his sick bed! Haha. He is always moaning and always has a excuse for a poor meeting. 

No you said MPT "turns up". If he turned up every meeting he wouldn't have a 7 point average!! My god you've some chip on your shoulder about cookie. Living rent free inside your head by sounds of it

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

No you said MPT "turns up". If he turned up every meeting he wouldn't have a 7 point average!! My god you've some chip on your shoulder about cookie. Living rent free inside your head by sounds of it

It’s true not a Craig Cook fan but he isn't living rent free in my head!! What I said was when it is all on the line MPT turns up. If he rode like he did in the Premiership final every week he wouldn't have a 7point average so we agree on that bit but I think on his current average he is worth a place in any team. 

Edited by foreverblue

Just now, foreverblue said:

It’s true not a Craig Cook fan but he isn't living rent free in my head!! What I said was when it is all on the line MPT turns up. If he rode like he did in the Premiership final every week he wouldn't have a 7point average but I think on his current average he is worth a place in any team. 

Yes and my point was he doesn't do that in championship. You'll notice no Redcar fans on here bemoaning him leaving. 

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

Not based on what the riders did last season it's not. Atkins could be really good at reserve and Gilkes should get better but I don't see any improvement in the top 3 or Barker. If Plymouth are to make the playoffs I fancy at least 1 change at the top end would be needed mid season. Time will tell of course and lets see what other teams do but based on the strength of teams last season I'm not sure about the playoffs let alone the title.

49 minutes ago, Normski said:

That was me who said that, I am wrong he obviously can ride smaller tracks but he isn't a great gater so that makes it much harder especially at smaller tracks. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That was me who said that, I am wrong he obviously can ride smaller tracks but he isn't a great gater so that makes it much harder especially at smaller tracks. 

Plenty of gaters in the Everglades! :rofl: