British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

On 3/31/2022 at 3:02 PM, lisa-colette said:

Only one I can think of is Blodorn..? If it was him, it is a shame not to see him ride in the Champ. 

I don't think he would be allowed to double up as he is a permit rider on an assessed average. I believe it would be against his work permit regulations & not the BSPL rules for a change.

I guess you could argue that Basso is in the same position average wise but he is in the second year of his permit & he's riding for teams that wear red.

Brady Kurtz was the rider.

• Haha 4

There’s a rumour going round some Exeter lads that Henry is going to jack speedway in right now. Anyone know if it’s true and why.

8 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

There’s a rumour going round some Exeter lads that Henry is going to jack speedway in right now. Anyone know if it’s true and why.

Oh no. Hope it's not true! 

12 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

He's had a rough few years with Injury cutting seasons short before they started and the sport doesn't stand still. If the love isn't quite there anymore and he is't doing quite what he expected to upon his comeback it starts raising questions about how much you want to keep pressing on.

I hope Henry isn't quitting, i thought this season would be all about gaining experience at this level and on some tracks which he maybe unfamiliar with,with a view to kicking on next year. 

27 minutes ago, lewy said:

I hope Henry isn't quitting, i thought this season would be all about gaining experience at this level and on some tracks which he maybe unfamiliar with,with a view to kicking on next year. 

He's certainly done well so far.

29 minutes ago, lewy said:

I hope its just a dip and he sticks with it and pulls through. Talent is never in question and in fairness if he gets back to basics, enjoys himself and stops over trying the results will come. Its far to early in the year to worry about anything and every extra lap will bring improvements. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

It must be frustrating for him that he was injured for so long too

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

He's had a rough few years with Injury cutting seasons short before they started and the sport doesn't stand still. If the love isn't quite there anymore and he is't doing quite what he expected to upon his comeback it starts raising questions about how much you want to keep pressing on.

It’s not a sport that you can have doubts in your mind about.If so it’s time to get out IMO.

• Like 1

Me thinks Bomber got the wrong idea when Gary May asked him to bring his own chariot to the Coliseum to ride for the Gladiators!

:rofl:

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Henry quits both clubs according to his Facebook page 

Upset about being taken out of his last ride and a bust up with Mr May I hear.

Isn't his father a club sponsor too?

Edited by Skidder1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No idea regarding bust ups but I do believe there is some sponsorship connection 

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So he's quit Plymouth rather than speedway?