British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

With the greatest of respect in a tight meeting which Tuesday was and we were trying to stop the scorpions getting a point surely you have to put the reserve in who is doing better on the night and that was dan. I like Henry a hell of a lot but if that is the only reason he is quitting then I find it quite staggering to be honest. Maybe there is more to it than we no only one person knows that and that’s Henry.

• Like 4

Something tells me its a thing with Gary May - as Henry quit Somerset in 2019 aswell, while Gary May was in charge - not to mention what Henry wrote about May in his facebook page not so long back

Edited by ScunnyDan

9th April at 13:01

Another meeting and the task were very unlucky with some decisions not toget more points.
Personally not happy with my performance and in the last 3 championship meetings I’ve not been given the opportunity to get settled into the meeting which is not helping my own performance.
Onto u21 at Mildenhall less pressure no managers. Let’s see how this goes.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Upset about being taken out of his last ride and a bust up with Mr May I hear.

Isn't his father a club sponsor too?

His father is not a sponsor of the club so need for your concern. :nono:

• Like 1

All comes down to good man management and being able to put the arm round sum and kicking the ass of others in the same team.

I had a boss once that was a complete a*se and I told him where to stick it! Please note.....this is no reference to anyone at Plymouth.

Anyways I've no idea about Gary May & Henry, sometimes with the best will in the world personalities just clash & not a lot u can do about that other than to go separate ways.

Crikey I'm up early today, soon to set off down to Plymouth on the train for a few days.

C'MON THE PIRATES :party:

Edited by Turnip

5 hours ago, Turnip said:

All comes down to good man management and being able to put the arm round sum and kicking the ass of others in the same team.

I had a boss once that was a complete a*se and I told him where to stick it! Please note.....this is no reference to anyone at Plymouth.

Anyways I've no idea about Gary May & Henry, sometimes with the best will in the world personalities just clash & not a lot u can do about that other than to go separate ways.

Crikey I'm up early today, soon to set off down to Plymouth on the train for a few days.

C'MON THE PIRATES :party:

A lot of riders have immense respect for Mr May but you have to remember he is employed by Plymouth to make his team win matches and that means using all your resources.

If Middlo wasn't Poole team manager I'd have Garry in a shot.

• Like 4

I don't know any Plymouth fans who are not happy with having Gary may as team manager!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lewy said:

His father is not a sponsor of the club so need for your concern. :nono:

Maybe it was the father that had a falling out with Garry May then?:(

ps. not having a go at Garry at all, as he's at Poole Stadium most weeks anyway.:t:

Edited by Skidder1

Seen Garry's ship docked in Plymouth Harbour, the May-Flower! :rofl:

But it ain't gonna go anywhere coz this Pirate let it's tyres down! :rofl:

1 minute ago, Turnip said:

Seen Garry's ship docked in Plymouth Harbour, the May-Flower! :rofl:

But it ain't gonna go anywhere coz this Pirate let it's tyres down! :rofl:

Are you enjoying your time in Plymouth so far?

12 minutes ago, lewy said:

Are you enjoying your time in Plymouth so far?

Yep apart from that wet stuff! And I think I broke the lighthouse! :D

• Haha 1

As long as the Gladiators gel as a team they will get the results home & away.

BUT PLEASE can someone (Mark Phillips?) stop Gary May swapping the reserves race after race. 

It gains nothing putting your weakest reserve in the harder races will just demoralise him. This happened @ Somerset, riders then retired & the replacements were worse!

If a rider is not performing this team should have enough knowledge & knowhow to encourage those riders under performing.

Here's looking forward to the rest of 2022.

This was posted a few weeks ago, I should have a job as a fortune teller!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

As long as the Gladiators gel as a team they will get the results home & away.

BUT PLEASE can someone (Mark Phillips?) stop Gary May swapping the reserves race after race. 

It gains nothing putting your weakest reserve in the harder races will just demoralise him. This happened @ Somerset, riders then retired & the replacements were worse!

If a rider is not performing this team should have enough knowledge & knowhow to encourage those riders under performing.

Here's looking forward to the rest of 2022.

This was posted a few weeks ago, I should have a job as a fortune teller!  

Posted something similar on another thread but until rules are brought in to prevent reserve swaps, put the lowest averaged rider at 7 and stop with on the line replacements for exceeding the 2 minutes it will continue 

13 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Posted something similar on another thread but until rules are brought in to prevent reserve swaps, put the lowest averaged rider at 7 and stop with on the line replacements for exceeding the 2 minutes it will continue 

At the end of the day it’s about winning the match it’s the Team Managers job to try and get that done.The weaker reserve is always going to be the one to suffer given there’s not a lot else on offer tactically.Riders just have get on with it.Managers would get criticised if the Team lost or didn’t win by 7 points if the fans felt differently.