British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

12 hours ago, iainb said:

"Illness" according to the Leicester website... there's been a bit of that about this year :lol:

Prob back in france and cant be arsed to come back , see previous posts about jack millan kenny carter:owonder how godfrey would react if a team turned up at scunny like that.

It's puzzling why in both of the leagues play off's they've abandoned the use of tac-subs? This has basically killed off any interest in any of the play offs so far with the possible exception of the Peterborough vs Wolverhampton 2nd leg.

BV v Sheff, Lions v Scunny and Edinburgh v Redcar are all effectively dead rubbers unless something remarkable happens. Why run a year long league competition with the use of tac-subs that gets your team in a position in the league to then ride in play-offs that don't allow the very rule that has helped you get there!!! Another piece of British Speedway madness

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's puzzling why in both of the leagues play off's they've abandoned the use of tac-subs? This has basically killed off any interest in any of the play offs so far with the possible exception of the Peterborough vs Wolverhampton 2nd leg.

BV v Sheff, Lions v Scunny and Edinburgh v Redcar are all effectively dead rubbers unless something remarkable happens. Why run a year long league competition with the use of tac-subs that gets your team in a position in the league to then ride in play-offs that don't allow the very rule that has helped you get there!!! Another piece of British Speedway madness

It is basically due to fan demand after a number of ties (notably the 2006 play-off final) were won by a team using tacticals in BOTH legs.

• Like 2

Anddddd the award to the most pointless fixture of the season goes to.... this one! 

Impossible task for the Scorpions already, I'm half surprised we haven't forefitted tbh...

Good luck Scunny boiiz

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

It is basically due to fan demand after a number of ties (notably the 2006 play-off final) were won by a team using tacticals in BOTH legs.

Fan demand? Really? Unlikely, have the powers that be ever done anything due to fan demand?

Edited by iainb

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Fan demand? Really? Unlikely, have the powers that be ever done anything due to fan demand?

Yes many of the minor rule changes have been the result of promoters responding to the perception that people don't like some rule or want another one changed.

• Confused 1

Fair play to the lads who have taken the guest bookings i hope you earn a few quid unfortunately I can only see a good hammering all the best

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Yes many of the minor rule changes have been the result of promoters responding to the perception that people don't like some rule or want another one changed.

Tactical's were initially invented to make matches closer, I can remember when their was no limit to tac subs providing a team was 6 behind, over the years the rule has been played with and now we have just one which is frankly ridiculous but the cost of them clearly pays a part.

You either should allow teams to play tactical’s as and when teams are 6/8 behind or scrap them altogether, frankly I don’t see the need for them anymore they undoubtedly don’t stop bigger scoreline’s and favour the teams with big hitters rather than the more solid teams.

• Like 1

I'm glad they've been scrapped for two legged ko ties, would be grossly unfair for a top heavy team to win a tie by using tac subs in both legs (remember P'boro winning the EL in 2006?). I'd get rid of them altogether. 

• Like 1

Think we should have a new rule. Lets be able to play a TACTICAL ILLNESS, when riders can't be bothered, crap at certain tracks, or just feeble excuses.

Edited by scunny1
spelling mistake
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Think we should have a new rule. Lets be able to play a TACTICAL ILLNESS, when riders can't be bothered, crap at certain tracks, or just feeble excuses.

I think you will find we have had that for years.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Yeah its ironic scunny were willing to run this 2nd leg at an earlier date without a replacement for Ellis and now he's ill mmm

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iainb said:

Would you have Auty back?

Only if he was ill every other week for the away meetings :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

So what,that is the idea of the tac sub rule in the first place,to give a team at least a chance of keeping it close....as far as I'm concerned,if a team falls six or more points down at any stage of the meeting the use of a tac sub should be made available so that the meeting would at least be much closer,except of course for the supporters who want to see their team thrash everyone week in week out.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, iainb said:

Bit of a joke isn't it, no wonder the Leicester promotion have kept quiet about it... how on earth do you "promote" this fixture?

You are making assumptions.