British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Just finished reading the comedy story on the Kent Royals thread, and how they think they might complete their fixtures swapping Armadale for Leicester cubs next Tuesday. :-) :-) . After drying my eyes,  I have just finished reading this comedy story about  3 gusts,  R/R  and the broken down ambulance.  :-) :-) :-) The rearranged fixture date that means the Leicester cubs will have their top two missing at Kent. :-) :-) :-)

Drying my eyes again,  before awaiting the next chapter of the Kent Royals fixture planning. 

Must be due for another "sob story" from a promoter about how crowds have dropped unexpectedly forcing them to close.

+ going to Mildenhall for their “Home” match.NDL is aTotal farce.

13 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Am sure that many of us can understand the problems that face us,,, but a think it's good news that the ambulance broke down whilst empty, imagine what the guy from the RAC would've had to cope with, had the ambulance had of had a casualty in?

Would have probably checked over the patient and declared he/she can’t be fixed tonight.

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

One minor correction. It is top 3 who will be missing as they are already operating r/r for the "apparently" retired Joe Lawlor

Retired like Jack Thomas?

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

How many times do you rearrange a meeting before you give up? 

The beauty of the way they run the sport means you can rearrange any meeting ad Infinitum.. 

As all you need is a ring round to see if you can get 14 random riders (12 at a push), to all to arrive at any given track at the same time, and some of those big over sized T shirt things in club colours for the lads to wear..

And hey presto, you have two teams to compete in UK Speedway..

I think Scunthorpe trialled the concept, albeit on a smaller scale, tonight... :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Would have probably checked over the patient and declared he/she can’t be fixed tonight.

Then asked if fit could they ride a bike on Tue at Leicester (transport supplied).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

+ going to Mildenhall for their “Home” match.NDL is aTotal farce. 

Come on "Fromafar" keep up  :-) :-) :-)  ........ latest on the Kent speedway website

REMAINING FIXTURES:
Tuesday 12th. Oct. Kent Iwade Garage Royals vs. Leicester Lion Cubs [NL]
Tuesday 19th. Oct. Kent Iwade Garage Royals vs. Mildenhall Fen Tigers [NL]
Tuesday 26th. Oct. Kent Iwade Garage Royals vs. Belle Vue Colts [NL]

To be arranged (at a neutral venue) Kent Iwade Garage Royals vs. Armadale Devils [NL]

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, lionsroar said:

Just to be clear on a few things . The ambulance comes from the West Midlands & broke down on the M1 en route to the stadium .They called the RAC who took 45 minutes to attend which is why there was an update at 7:30pm. When we made contact with the driver at 7:30pm the RAC had just arrived & was taking a look under the bonnet so it was pushed back to 7:45pm to give them time. After an inspection the RAC driver declared the ambulance could not be fixed tonight which is when the meeting was abandoned to be restaged on Tuesday 12th October 7:30pm. 

This sort of thing is completely out of the control of Leicester Speedway. Without a working ambulance & paramedic a meeting can not start. 

A few people suggested getting an NHS ambulance ? As seen last night at Edinburgh you can’t get an NHS ambulance to attend serious injuries let alone an event where there “might” be an emergency.

I think your timeline is a little bit out as I knew well before 6:30pm that the Ambulance had broken down and I’m only a mere mortal of a fan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Don’t be silly. There is no place for common sense/logic on a speedway thread. Next you will be suggesting that riders can only ride for one team in the UK.

Well said...

Where would such madness end?...:D

1 minute ago, WembleyLion said:

I think your timeline is a little bit out as I knew well before 6:30pm that the Ambulance had broken down and I’m only a mere mortal of a fan. 

Shhhhh! You're blowing "the story"

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Then asked if fit could they ride a bike on Tue at Leicester (transport supplied).

All joking aside have we ever witnessed anything as farcical as we are witnessing this season , surely the people running this shambles must realise there positions are untenable surely.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lionsroar said:

In an ideal world a 2nd ambulance would be a great idea . But it simply costs far too much. Having 2nd ambulances at meetings with simply cause a price increase to supporters to cover the extra costs incurred for an ambulance that would be used/needed once every few years. 

But even with a 2nd ambulance tonight’s meeting would have still been postponed because the paramedic would still have been in the broken down ambulance.

Who would have been driving the 2nd ambulance then?  Pretty sure he'd have been a paramedic and not the local binman surely? 

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Who would have been driving the 2nd ambulance then?  Pretty sure he'd have been a paramedic and not the local binman surely? 

Not necessarily, could have been a technician.  The paramedic is in attendance as they can administer certain drugs, techs can't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

All joking aside have we ever witnessed anything as farcical as we are witnessing this season , surely the people running this shambles must realise there positions are untenable surely.

Untenable?

They are the ones voted in to the positions by all the others...

Presumably as they are regarded as the best... :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Even with 2 ambulances you would still only have 1 paramedic because thats what is required to run a meeting. Like tonight the paramedic was not the driver Usually private ambulances are driven by first aiders/ambulance drivers which are not qualified to treat like a paramedic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gazc said:

The sport has reach an all time low( and that’s putting it mildly).Total joke,winning a Trophy is so hollow.It really is just 4 blokes doing 4 laps on a bike,so the fans are just turning up when there is nothing better to do and there is not a cloud in the sky.Sad times.It’s a bonus for me that I have seen some decent meetings at Ashfield this year as a neutral. 

• Like 2