British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

1 hour ago, iainb said:

What is not out of the control of Leicester Speedway is the number of ambulances in attendance. They've been caught out before by not having adequate medical cover to ensure the smooth running of matches. 

It should be compulsory for 2 ambulances to be in attendance in my opinion. 

It seems like the sport is run by a bunch of chancers at times. 

While that would be an ideal situation, how would they pay for the extra ambulance? Paying riders less or charging fans more?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyfan said:

Here’s an Idea…..

The Team that finishes top of the league (all Leagues) are the Champions??

I'd be happy with that!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While that would be an ideal situation, how would they pay for the extra ambulance? Paying riders less or charging fans more?

Riders less of course

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Paying the riders less would be a good start,they might not pick and choose their meetings so much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Never thought I would see the day when I could say I enjoy watching a Polish League match on TV  more than the real thing live in GB.

Without a doubt , watched nearly a full season of Ekstraliga on free streams and Premier Sports and the GPs on BT Sports.  Ekstraliga a different class to what's on offer over here. Just attended a single meeting this season over here and can't really say I miss it. 

7 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Without a doubt , watched nearly a full season of Ekstraliga on free streams and Premier Sports and the GPs on BT Sports.  Ekstraliga a different class to what's on offer over here. Just attended a single meeting this season over here and can't really say I miss it. 

Sorry to ask but how do you get these streams ?!

26 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

If you check out the International Speedway section of the forum, somebody (usually R&R) will post a link before the meeting starts

• Thanks 1

In fairness an ambulance is perhaps one of the last things you would expect to brake down. Presumably they are maintained on a regular basis. I guess it is just the way the cookie crumbles. 

I'm sure all who cannot make the Tuesday restaging will be reimbursed. 

I think it is helpful to realise that speedway is far from a proffesionly run sport which couldn't operate without  a good number of volunteers . And doesn't have the finances associated with football etc. Basically it is a semi pro operation that is lucky to break even at the end of a season. 

I think to a degree when attending meetings.  YOU PAYS YOUR MONEY AND TAKES YOUR CHANCES.

In some things you just have to accept that it is what it is. It won't change anytime soon that's for sure.

Edited by justathought
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, iainb said:

If you check out the International Speedway section of the forum, somebody (usually R&R) will post a link before the meeting starts

Not only Ekstraliga but Polish Div 1 & 2 meetings as well as various other live meetings throughout Europe. Much better coverage than what Eurosport have served up this season even with it being in Polish .

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

Via Racer and Royals who puts links to most on the day or You Tube sometimes have live links.:t:

commentary is usual Polish ,but that’s still better that Nig.just turn down sound it easy to follow what’s happening:D

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, iainb said:

Care to say what "assumptions" you think I am making?

The Leicester promotion keeping quiet about it!!!

2 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

The Leicester promotion keeping quiet about it!!!

There wasn't even a preview of the match on the website until around 24 hours before the event... I don't know what you'd call that?

56 minutes ago, iainb said:

There wasn't even a preview of the match on the website until around 24 hours before the event... I don't know what you'd call that?

Are you insinuating that last night was all just a set up because of a feud between Mr Bates & Mr Godfrey ??

I’m sure all clubs use volunteer organisations for there ambulance cover and medical staff . This then has to be headed by a fully qualified paramedic , surely there is a St John’s type organisation what would provide a service and be local with a trained paramedic in the same situation . A sad situation when by mid October there will still be  two semi finals and a final over two legs still to be raced and it’s mid October 

11 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

I hope so, then poole can pick Scunthorpe in the semis 

Nooooooo! We were awful there and it was level on aggregate, so would actually prefer Leicester! lol

Edited by lisa-colette