British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

9 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

Conspiracy theories aside, what are the lineups for tomorrow's meeting?

No Conspiracy theory, the facts are the Rob Godfrey allegedly said Adam Ellis was ill, when in fact according to the riders dad he knew all along that Adam Ellis was unavailable for this meeting due to other commitments, that in itself is bad enough but to have have come from the BSPL Chairman makes it even worse. Now the Teams for tomorrow ?.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Exactly what i was about to post- 1 was Saturday 1 Sunday. Ellis has ridden different countries on successive days many times in his career. GB and Sweden GB and Poland etc etc 

No flights available, had to fly out Friday I suspect

49 minutes ago, iainb said:

For me this should be a resignation offence for Godfrey, he has clearly lied to his clubs loyal supporters there's no way this man should be in charge of British Speedway.

I will not be attending Scunthorpe Speedway again while this man is in charge of the sport. 

He's mugged off his own clubs supporters, he's mugged off Leicester fans and he's put the British Champion in an untenable position. 

Not the first time either, you've only got to look at his involvement in "Holdergate" at Peterborough. "Drunk on Power" is the immediate phrase that springs to mind

Thé French meeting started at 10:30am as they club was running 2 meetings in a day. No flights available that would have got him there in time. 

• Thanks 1

So Adam's father has confirmed he wasn't ill so I take back what I said about him, Godfrey has been outed as a liar I wonder what the truth is regarding aarnio,needs to be an enquiry and Godfrey should be fined and removed from the mc imo.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

There's no conspiracy theory though is there, somebody is telling lies and there should be an inquiry as it calls the validity of whole competition into doubt. 

As for lineups, well, some fans somewhere are going to be mugged off again. Either Lions & Scorpions fans with the non appearance of Ellis and/or the Thompson twins. Or the Kings & Cubs fans with the non appearance of the Thompson twins.

Kings and Cubs meeting will be without the Thompsons and Ryan Kinsley, who are on CL play-off duty.   Play-offs take precedence.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

Kings and Cubs meeting will be without the Thompsons and Ryan Kinsley, who are on CL play-off duty.   Play-offs take precedence.

So the fans lose out again

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

So Adam's father has confirmed he wasn't ill so I take back what I said about him, Godfrey has been outed as a liar I wonder what the truth is regarding aarnio,needs to be an enquiry and Godfrey should be fined and removed from the mc imo.

Leopards and spots springs to mind

It's outrageous really, what Godfrey has done is cheat in the quarter finals of the league play offs. If he knew Ellis wasn't available he shouldn't have accepted the match or accepted the fixture with no facility. 

There was a rumour that he was also going to accept the fixture on the previous Sunday, again without Ellis. It remains to be seen whether Ellis rides tomorrow or whether a facility will be granted. 

In any credible sport Scunthorpe would probably be given a points penalty next season and a hefty fine. 

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's outrageous really, what Godfrey has done is cheat in the quarter finals of the league play offs. If he knew Ellis wasn't available he shouldn't have accepted the match or accepted the fixture with no facility. 

There was a rumour that he was also going to accept the fixture on the previous Sunday, again without Ellis. It remains to be seen whether Ellis rides tomorrow or whether a facility will be granted. 

In any credible sport Scunthorpe would probably be given a points penalty next season and a hefty fine. 

Yet essentially many of the same people sit on the SCB and the BSPL, so it's unlikely. 

I notice the pro Godfrey, it's a witch hunt mob are conspicuous by their absence today. No defending the indefensible?

I to take back my comments about Adam sorry Adam, but Godfrey should be ashamed of himself what a liar I’m glad he’s your promoter and not ours I’d like to see how he is going to squirm out of this one speedway supporters don’t forget what a liar.

44 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I to take back my comments about Adam sorry Adam, but Godfrey should be ashamed of himself what a liar I’m glad he’s your promoter and not ours I’d like to see how he is going to squirm out of this one speedway supporters don’t forget what a liar.

He wont need to, it will be swept under the carpet as always.

I see they've invented a rule to try and let Godfrey off the hook

"Ellis was unavailable for Saturday’s postponed meeting and the inclusion of Jye Etheridge in his position was under the ‘no facility’ regulation whereby a club can only use a guest with an average at least 25% lower than a rider who is absent for reasons other than those which qualify for a full guest or R/R facility."

Doesn't take away the fact that somebody is lying though!