British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

And suddenly it could be Scunny in the semis! Will it be R/R for Ans? Always dodgy running R/R

• Like 1

Strengthens Leicester allowing them to choose guests up to 8.36. Hansi not exactly set the CL on fire.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:53 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Am sure that many of us can understand the problems that face us,,, but a think it's good news that the ambulance broke down whilst empty, imagine what the guy from the RAC would've had to cope with, had the ambulance had of had a casualty in?

Not much fun I can tell you. :D The ambulance taking me to Bangor Hospital after I broke my hip in Snowdonia [5 years ago today actually] broke down on the way. I dont know how it was removed, RAC or AA, but I eventually got transferred to another one. 

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

Yeah really thick , its held me back massively in life. 

Another case of daddy ellis not being able to take some stick about his son , would you like a tissue?

A Brit missing a British play off meeting to ride in France is a piss take like it or not and is the reason fans continue to stop going. Since when has riding in France been a priority? 

seems your boy hasnt gained many new fans at Scunny with him missing vital matches, riding borrowed machinery etc … as said the worst British champ I can remember in my 20 plus years of following the sport. 

Yup. You haven’t read what’s happening. And seeing the above post you really are as thick as shît

Riding at a pre arranged meeting before he’d even signed a contract means it does take priority. 

If you’re not clever enough to understand the situation then no amount of explaining will get through your thick skull 

i’m glad the season is nearly over as I won’t have to interact with twunts like you  . And people wonder why British speedway is laughed about when people like you are a prime example of « fans » 

Yes I’ve met loads of brilliant people following speedway 

unfortunately I’ve also met people like you. 

to the fans who’ve apologized after thé true facts were known, Thanks. 

To you pinny, I hope you seek the professional help you need. It must be hard being that thick. 

I’m out of here folks, it’s great to interact from time to time with real fans but people like Pinny are the reason that most riders avoid this place like the plague. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Yup. You haven’t read what’s happening. And seeing the above post you really are as thick as shît

Riding at a pre arranged meeting before he’d even signed a contract means it does take priority. 

If you’re not clever enough to understand the situation then no amount of explaining will get through your thick skull 

i’m glad the season is nearly over as I won’t have to interact with twunts like you  . And people wonder why British speedway is laughed about when people like you are a prime example of « fans » 

Yes I’ve met loads of brilliant people following speedway 

unfortunately I’ve also met people like you. 

to the fans who’ve apologized after thé true facts were known, Thanks. 

To you pinny, I hope you seek the professional help you need. It must be hard being that thick. 

I’m out of here folks, it’s great to interact from time to time with real fans but people like Pinny are the reason that most riders avoid this place like the plague. 

Cheerio dont let the door hit you on the way out will ya. 

2 hours ago, MD said:

Strengthens Leicester allowing them to choose guests up to 8.36. Hansi not exactly set the CL on fire.

Must have done alright to get to 8.36 though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

And suddenly it could be Scunny in the semis! Will it be R/R for Ans? Always dodgy running R/R

Leicester can lose by 16 & still be in the semi finals, no chance for Scunny whatsoever! Leicester should go with r/r to give their riders track time & look for a guest to race against Poole!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Leicester can lose by 16 & still be in the semi finals, no chance for Scunny whatsoever! Leicester should go with r/r to give their riders track time & look for a guest to race against Poole!

No Andersen, maybe a bit of rain about, potentially dodgy track, British Champion now in town, maybe R/R for Leicester... stranger things have happened ;)

• Haha 2

I’ve read the stuff from Adam Ellis’s dad and there’s clearly no problem with Adam having a pre-arranged meeting meaning he couldn’t ride on Saturday. That situation is covered by the rules. 
The problem occurs with it being suggested that Adam would have missed the meeting on Saturday due to illness. Was that ever officially announced?

I see that he’s racing tonight so maybe the suggestion that Adam was ill was just an error? Or maybe the Chairman and Vice-chairman have made the peace and decided that they’d both like fudge for tea. A third suggestion is that the VC was happy for Adam to race as it should cut his wage bill

Makes no difference really - Leicester should romp this

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’ve read the stuff from Adam Ellis’s dad and there’s clearly no problem with Adam having a pre-arranged meeting meaning he couldn’t ride on Saturday. That situation is covered by the rules. 
The problem occurs with it being suggested that Adam would have missed the meeting on Saturday due to illness. Was that ever officially announced?

I see that he’s racing tonight so maybe the suggestion that Adam was ill was just an error? Or maybe the Chairman and Vice-chairman have made the peace and decided that they’d both like fudge for tea. A third suggestion is that the VC was happy for Adam to race as it should cut his wage bill

Makes no difference really - Leicester should romp this

Actually in the match pre view it did not give any reason, just said he was missing.Godfrey thinks that’s all the fans needed  to know obviously.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, iainb said:

Hmm... all been hushed up and swept under the carpet, even the Leicester website has been changed, so they're also in collusion!

Ha, typical, your view is the correct view as, in the past, you would not bow down with the merchandising issue even after everything was broken down & put in front of you.

Both websites seem to be explaining things a bit more clearly as this topic went into meltdown these last few days as most posters know the rules & think they are right & are referees, judge & jury.

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Ha, typical, your view is the correct view as, in the past, you would not bow down with the merchandising issue even after everything was broken down & put in front of you.

Both websites seem to be explaining things a bit more clearly as this topic went into meltdown these last few days as most posters know the rules & think they are right & are referees, judge & jury.

It's a game of opinion...

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Actually in the match pre view it did not give any reason, just said he was missing.Godfrey thinks that’s all the fans needed  to know obviously.

On the Leicester website it did say due to illness... they have since corrected this "error"

19 hours ago, iainb said:

I see they've invented a rule to try and let Godfrey off the hook

"Ellis was unavailable for Saturday’s postponed meeting and the inclusion of Jye Etheridge in his position was under the ‘no facility’ regulation whereby a club can only use a guest with an average at least 25% lower than a rider who is absent for reasons other than those which qualify for a full guest or R/R facility."

Doesn't take away the fact that somebody is lying though!

I seem to remember on other threads that this rule was brought in as Redcar had to use a NL 3 pointer for Riss who, after being re-declared into the team, had other commitments all ready booked in Germany.

Poole & Glasgow have used this ruling this season & you frequent this forum on numerous occasions that you bust have read it. "Tunnel Vision" applies when it is something that you do not agree on.