British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

Just now, IronScorpion said:

I seem to remember on other threads that this rule was brought in as Redcar had to use a NL 3 pointer for Riss who, after being re-declared into the team, had other commitments all ready booked in Germany.

Poole & Glasgow have used this ruling this season & you frequent this forum on numerous occasions that you bust have read it. "Tunnel Vision" applies when it is something that you do not agree on.  

Blah, blah, blah...

16 hours ago, arnieg said:

Some promoters and fans (including members of this forum) complained that no facility (which meant an NL rider effectively with a 3 pt average) unfairly penalised their teams so the 'non-guest guest' rule was slipped into the rulebook a couple of years ago (with I think little fanfare)

On the matter of Adam Ellis' "illness" I think that unless someone can demonstrate with a degree of certainty that Rob Godfrey claimed he was ill then I think it is time to move on.

Redcar had to use a NL 3 pointer when Riss, a late signing, was already booked elsewhere. 

16 hours ago, iainb said:

At least there's a semi decent line up tomorrow night, at Leicester anyway, not sure what Kent fans think about it all. 

You've got to ask why we're running a championship quarter final on a cold mid October Tuesday evening to get it finished so Poole can ride on Wednesday with the return running against the SoN on Saturday though... especially with the stadium being silent so often during the summer

Check your fixture list  .....    http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/fixtures21   .... as during the Summer months of June, July & August you were not scheduled to ride at home on only TWO Saturdays , 17th July with the other being 5th June away at Berwick as they had priority of riding on similar nights.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Check your fixture list  .....    http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/fixtures21   .... as during the Summer months of June, July & August you were not scheduled to ride at home on only TWO Saturdays , 17th July with the other being 5th June away at Berwick as they had priority of riding on similar nights.

I can't be bothered... I'm still on a high from last night and looking forward to us dispatching your pathetic little team tonight :rofl:

16 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Nothing IMO,but think maybe explanation should have been given in more detail in the Ist place.Would have helped IMO,Promoters show very little respect to the fans on these occasions.IMO.

Fair comment.

Although the reason I didn't put much in the preview for Saturday's meeting, e.g. I didn't put in a quote from Rob Godfrey, etc, was because the Scunthorpe team without Adam was quite weak and the less the club says, the less that becomes apparent. Although this wasn't a Scunny home meeting, it was Leicester's, and we don't know to say too much that much distract from their promotion of their meeting.

But it then became apparent that people had questions over Adam's absence that deserved an answer and by answering them after Saturday, rather than before it, we didn't damage Saturday's crowd.

As it is, tonight looks much more attractive and the sides are now much closer in terms of team strength, so it's an easier meeting for the Leicester promotion now to sell. Hopefully it will be a good meeting, even if it's pretty much already decided on aggregate.

Edited by lucifer sam

80% chance of heavy rain between 6 and 7 tonight according to the met office at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Fair comment.

Although the reason I didn't put much in the preview for Saturday's meeting, e.g. I didn't put in a quote from Rob Godfrey, etc, was because the Scunthorpe team without Adam was quite weak and the less the club says, the less that becomes apparent. Although this wasn't a Scunny home meeting, it was Leicester's, and we don't know to say too much that much distract from their promotion of their meeting.

But it then became apparent that people had questions over Adam's absence that deserved an answer and by answering them after Saturday, rather than before it, we didn't damage Saturday's crowd.

As it is, tonight looks much more attractive and the sides are now much closer in terms of team strength, so it's an easier meeting for the Leicester promotion now to sell. Hopefully it will be a good meeting, even if it's pretty much already decided on aggregate.

Rob- how did the BSPA website in their preview published  on Saturday   http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39740  have that Ellis was ill and RR was being deployed- did they make that bit up ??

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, iainb said:

No Andersen, maybe a bit of rain about, potentially dodgy track, British Champion now in town, maybe R/R for Leicester... stranger things have happened ;)

Will have to be the come back of the century!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

I can't be bothered... I'm still on a high from last night and looking forward to us dispatching your pathetic little team tonight :rofl:

It seems you must be on something regularly. ;) :rofl:

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Rob- how did the BSPA website in their preview published  on Saturday   http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39740  have that Ellis was ill and RR was being deployed- did they make that bit up ??

Haha! Busted! I think you'll find there's a bit of a cover up going on in Godfreygate! They're so inept they can't even do that properly though :rofl:

The guy should resign!

Edited by iainb

21 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

When I spoke to Rob Godfrey, he didn't know where it had originally come from where Adam was reported as ill. Jye Etheridge had been booked on the basis that has average was 25% less than Adam's, because there wasn't a normal facility available for Adam.

As has been posted elsewhere on this thread, from Wembley Lion I think, that he was witnessed that the Scunny team manager, Dave Peet, telling the referee of the correct Scunthorpe line-up as booked, as the referee also had the incorrect line-up (the one on the BSPA website). 

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

Haha! Busted! I think you'll find there's a bit of a cover up going on in Godfreygate! They're so inept they can't even do that properly though :rofl:

The guy should resign!

:shock:   :icon_smile_clown:

4 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

When I spoke to Rob Godfrey, he didn't know where it had originally come from where Adam was reported as ill. Jye Etheridge had been booked on the basis that has average was 25% less than Adam's.

As has been posted elsewhere on this thread, from Wembley Lion I think, that he was witnessed that the Scunny team manager, Dave Peet, telling the referee of the correct Scunthorpe line-up as booked, as the referee also had the incorrect line-up (the one on the BSPA website). 

So why is Etheridge listed at 5 in the line-up in the preview- replacing one of the other riders missing- did they make that up as well !!

7 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

:shock:   :icon_smile_clown:

Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself now :rofl: