British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

Why oh why are Leicester thinking of running on the same day as the SON if they get into the semi??

Check out their website

I'm baffled! :rolleyes:

Edited by PirateShip

9 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Why oh why are Leicester thinking of running on the same day as the SON if they get into the semi??

Check out their website

I'm baffled! :rolleyes:

Nothing baffling about it really, It's simple, it's because they called off meetings too early in the summer, wouldn't ride because something else was on the telly and couldn't find a club to ride because the opposition's captain was on the telly.

Still, you'll get people telling you they did exactly the right thing!

I'll be at BV watching some world class Speedway... all for £23 a pop :)

• Like 2

Outrageous that Leicester want to run a semi final against the SON. It should really not be allowed to go ahead. Change it to Sunday afternoon.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Outrageous that Leicester want to run a semi final against the SON. It should really not be allowed to go ahead. Change it to Sunday afternoon.

Thought the SON was a two day event, both Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

SON is definitely on Sunday

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Steve SON is over two days. I wonder how many of the staff and volunteers will be going? So maybe not able to run?

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

Sureĺy the son will be over before leicester start ?

9pm kick off so fans can get back to attend? :rofl:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ray c said:

How do u propose to travel to Leicester from Manchester in time if like me being a Poole fan or indeed if ur a Leicester fan? That's the issue.

Doesn't matter if the SON finishes before, well it wud av to finish a gud 3 hours before Leicester starts.

As i understand the tv schedule ends at 7pm for the SON which is when Leicester starts.

I'll av to see if the Tardis is available! :lol:

Edited by PirateShip

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Depends on the ambulance :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Steve SON is over two days. I wonder how many of the staff and volunteers will be going? So maybe not able to run?

It definitely is being run as I've contacted a Leicester official who I personally know.

Unless Ford can get it sorted.

When Leicester can run any night of the week it's ironic that they decide to run on the least & worst desirable night this week.

Thurs or Fri this week? Fri folk traveling up cud go to Leicester then travel up to Manchester the next day! Certainly wud increase the crowd!

Right, I'm gonna get the union in on this!:rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

Its no more outragous than travelling fans trying to get to Poole (and back for work early the next morning) on a mid week October evening.

Fair enough during the warmer months when a date is set and when leave can be planned, but an unplanned trip to deepest Dorset in October is a tough one.

Just to even things up a little....:D

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

It definitely is being run as I've contacted a Leicester official who I personally know.

Unless Ford can get it sorted.

When Leicester can run any night of the week it's ironic that they decide to run on the least & worst desirable night this week.

Thurs or Fri this week? Fri folk traveling up cud go to Leicester then travel up to Manchester the next day! Certainly wud increase the crowd!

Right, I'm gonna get the union in on this!:rofl:

But Sunday is the more important of the two days so running Saturday is the better option. I couldn't go to Belle Vue so hoping I can make Leicester Saturday and watch the SON on the TV. 

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

If what you say is true this is total and utter madness by the Leicester promotion, I'll await for official confirmation before blowing a gasket :shock:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

But Sunday is the more important of the two days so running Saturday is the better option. I couldn't go to Belle Vue so hoping I can make Leicester Saturday and watch the SON on the TV. 

You may not realise, when you buy ur SON Ticket there is no option other than to pay for both days. So altho Saturday may not be as important it would be s waste of money not to go and attend Leicester.

Plus SON accomodation was booked a long time ago so unless u want to waste a shed load of money attending Leicester it is a no go.