British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

Why haven’t Leicester chosen to ride on Friday evening? No clash and keeps all fans happy. They ludicrous choice of riding against the SON is stupid. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

I'll be at Poole on Weds for the 1st leg to cheer on the Pirates, my local track is actually Leicester so with the meeting being on Saturday it's rubbing a lot of salt into the wound.

Couple of me mates are Lions fans so there's quite a lot of banter that goes around between us.

May the best team win :t:

yes may the best team win as long as its the Pirates!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Depends on the ambulance :rofl:

Leave the NSS at 7pm and you may pass it on the way.... 

Maybe take a set of jump leads along just in case.... :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why haven’t Leicester chosen to ride on Friday evening? No clash and keeps all fans happy. They ludicrous choice of riding against the SON is stupid. 

I reckon if you attend the SON and paraglided to Leicester you could easily be there for 7.30!!

5 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Depends on the ambulance :rofl:

They may have done something radical like got more than one ambulance in attendance!

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because the Leicester promotion are so out of touch with the general speedway going fan.

• Like 1

Just now, Trackerman48 said:

What time does SON finish?

Most probably between 18:30 and 19:00

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree Steve. Any fans travelling up from Poole or elsewhere could possibly set off on the Friday and take in that meeting as well, then go on to the SON if they are going there as well. Just book extra accommodation for the Friday.

Financial do da running on Saturday!

I'll be at Poole on Wednesday, finally I'm getting there! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

Edited by PirateShip

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

yes may the best team win as long as its the Pirates!!

well yes, it helps!! :rofl:

16 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Agree Steve. Any fans travelling up from Poole or elsewhere could possibly set off on the Friday and take in that meeting as well, then go on to the SON if they are going there as well. Just book extra accommodation for the Friday.

Financial do da like Leicester running the quarter final tomorrow.......do they honestly think many will bother after Saturday, altho it wasn't Leicester's fault. Scunthorpe had no Adam Ellis and 3 guests as well, glad I never bothered going to that! 

I'll be at Poole on Wednesday, finally I'm getting there! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

In fact that's how out of touch they are... instead of riding on Friday and attracting an even bigger crowd for folk travelling up to Manchester they decide to run against the Football & Speedway... If it wasn't so unbelievable, it'd be quite unbelievable!

• Like 1

Didn't the Eastbourne promoter say he was genuinely surprised that fans would rather stay in to watch world class riders on TV rather than attend a speedway meeting live on a Saturday night.....?

Watching a truly World Class level meeting on TV with real kudos and recognition to the winners,?

Or attending a heavily contrived domestic competition with hardly any kudos or recognition to be gained by any victory?

Hmmmmm... Decisions, decisions,.... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

Financial do da running on Saturday!

i think their trying to get the second leg rather than the first leg so they can have the advantage of knowing first match score 

4 minutes ago, mac101 said:

i think their trying to get the second leg rather than the first leg so they can have the advantage of knowing first match score 

Who are? First leg is on Weds, so if Leicester ride on Friday, will still be the second leg!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Who are? First leg is on Weds, so if Leicester ride on Friday, will still be the second leg!

usually top team gets 2nd leg too many meetings completions to keep up 

Edited by mac101