British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

18 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Ermmmmmmmmm..............................Leicester are racing at home tonight on a TUESDAY so how is that VIABLE????? I imagine the crowd will be pretty poor as I know a few who attended on Saturday are not going tonight purely because of what happened.

When the weekend was free of other domestic meetings I assumed clubs had been told that they couldn't race or were respecting the SON.

Leicester holding a meeting on Saturday is therefore a tad disrespectful to a major international meeting. Doesn't matter about the start times being different imo!!

Not just a major international meeting but a world final! Although there have been occasions in the past that clubs have run against world championship events, they have usually been hundreds of miles away and you could probably count them on one hand. 

I assume the BSPL have no involvement in the SoN so are happy to sanction the event at Leicester?

If Leicester, and other clubs, hadn't fannyed about calling meetings off for no reason earlier in the season we just wouldn't be in this situation. 

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware it only says provisional because Leicester are not through yet and not because they are still considering another night. If Leicester go through the meeting will be held on Saturday.

But who knows.......someone at Leicester might get out of the bed on the right side tomorrow :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

Pirates have been waiting and waiting and waiting, bit like for an ambulance to turn up.........so we should dictate when all the meetings take place. How can Ford promote tomorrow's meeting when we have no official idea as to who it will be???????? No wonder he's peed off!!!!

So our crowd could be screwed and we ain't been Farting about??? Who cares about Leicester's crowd, ambulance saga aside, it's tough do da's now coz u gotta fit the meetings in so all this regular race night nonsense is out of the window!!!!!!!!

There, now be told!!:rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

36 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Ermmmmmmmmm..............................Leicester are racing at home tonight on a TUESDAY so how is that VIABLE????? I imagine the crowd will be pretty poor as I know a few who attended on Saturday are not going tonight purely because of what happened.

Lions have no choice but to race tonight (Tuesday) because they need to establish who will be racing at Poole tomorrow (Wednesday).

Crowd possibly will be lower than normal although it will not affect gate receipts because they were created on Saturday. If people choose not to go tonight because of what happened on Saturday then, as they have already paid their money it  looks a little bit like they are cutting their nose off to spite their face.
That said they will be able to go on Saturday for the second leg FOC when crowds and revenues will more than probably be lower than if the meeting was run on Friday. 

1 minute ago, 1 valve said:

Lions have no choice but to race tonight (Tuesday) because they need to establish who will be racing at Poole tomorrow (Wednesday).

Crowd possibly will be lower than normal although it will not affect gate receipts because they were created on Saturday. If people choose not to go tonight because of what happened on Saturday then, as they have already paid their money it  looks a little bit like they are cutting their nose off to spite their face.
That said they will be able to go on Saturday for the second leg FOC when crowds and revenues will more than probably be lower than if the meeting was run on Friday. 

So are Leicester robbing sods then if they are not giving refunds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Who cares about Leicester's crowd, ambulance saga aside, it's tough do da's now coz u gotta fit the meetings in so all this regular race night nonsense is out of the window!!!!!!!!

This is part of the whole problem though, Scunny don't care about Leicester's crowds so send a team without Ellis, Leicester don't care about Kent crowds, so send a team without the Thompson twins, earlier in the season Eastbourne don't care about Leicester's crowds so send a team without Kennett and don't send 2 riders out in heat 15... etc. etc 

And so it goes on... and the crowds drop etc. etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

So are Leicester robbing sods then if they are not giving refunds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told it’s attend tonight , Play Off Semi or the club will give a refund who require it .

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, iainb said:

Not just a major international meeting but a world final! Although there have been occasions in the past that clubs have run against world championship events, they have usually been hundreds of miles away and you could probably count them on one hand. 

I assume the BSPL have no involvement in the SoN so are happy to sanction the event at Leicester?

If Leicester, and other clubs, hadn't fannyed about calling meetings off for no reason earlier in the season we just wouldn't be in this situation. 

How would the called off meetings in July/August have any effect on the play off’s? 

We would still had to wait around for other clubs to finish their season so couldn’t start the play off’s . The original Scunthorpe match was scheduled for the first Saturday after everyone had done their matches.

17 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Pirates have been waiting and waiting and waiting, bit like for an ambulance to turn up.........so we should dictate when all the meetings take place. How can Ford promote tomorrow's meeting when we have no official idea as to who it will be???????? No wonder he's peed off!!!!

So our crowd could be screwed and we ain't been Farting about??? Who cares about Leicester's crowd, ambulance saga aside, it's tough do da's now coz u gotta fit the meetings in so all this regular race night nonsense is out of the window!!!!!!!!

There, now be told!!:rofl:

Well if successful over 2 legs I assume Poole are going to run on Monday night so not to slow the play offs down .

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Scunny don't care about Leicester's crowds so send a team without Ellis,
Leicester don't care about Kent crowds, so send a team without the Thompson twins,

Eastbourne don't care about Leicester's crowds so send a team without Kennett and don't send 2 riders out in heat 15... etc. etc 

Scunny didn't have Ellis to send as he was always going to be in France (where he lives) at a meeting already booked before he signed for Scunny.
Leicester cant send the twins to Kent because they are required by their first team.
Eastbourne riders were not being paid and decided what would and would not happen at Leicester. 

Speedway UK - Too many teams, not enough riders, and now not enough days in the week!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I was told it’s attend tonight , Play Off Semi or the club will give a refund who require it .

I thought that would be the case as no club are robbing do da's :t: It was just what the the previous post inferred.

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

How would the called off meetings in July/August have any effect on the play off’s? 

We would still had to wait around for other clubs to finish their season so couldn’t start the play off’s . The original Scunthorpe match was scheduled for the first Saturday after everyone had done their matches.

If you don't get that, there really is no hope for you... smh

Take your Leicester glasses off for one moment and put your Speedway glasses on

Edited by iainb

39 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Scunny didn't have Ellis to send as he was always going to be in France (where he lives) at a meeting already booked before he signed for Scunny.
Leicester cant send the twins to Kent because they are required by their first team.
Eastbourne riders were not being paid and decided what would and would not happen at Leicester. 

Speedway UK - Too many teams, not enough riders, and now not enough days in the week!

Yes, I know all the reasons behind it... but it's the fans who suffer and the sport in the longer term

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

Your forgot to add self interest into the problems.

• Like 1