British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

Please can you take your celebrations back to your own thread... us Lions fans want to be alone right now

• Haha 2

Thought in heat 9 Douglas should have been excluded. He fell on his own on the second bend but ref said first bend bunching. 

• Like 2

Good meeting tonight. Being a Pirates fan now living in Nottingham it's only a 40 minute drive so was not going to miss this. Enjoyed seeing Basso for the first time - quite a distant last in his first ride but obviously sized the track up after his first outing and was quick thereafter. Certainly not a dull rider but could do with reigning it in a bit as proven in heat 10 when he took out Zaine Kennedy. Stevie W and Rooboy were quick and Poole's top scorers but the rider who impressed me the most was Danyon Hume. Stand up and take a bow young man. A Rising Star riding at number 2 and he was simply superb - definitely the rider of the night for me :t::cheers:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

There's a difference between riding against Leicester and riding against the most powerful team in club speedway.

Didn’t know Poole were in the Premiership??…..:rofl:

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Big well done to Andy for making clips of each heat so we could watch. Thrilling stuff.

Will say this. I know for a fact that Poole want the second leg of the final. I can’t see anyway that Poole would want to  run the ko cup final before the playoff final. Yes we have spare dates but what allow Edinburgh a free ride around Wimborne Road to get their setups sorted? Yes of course it would be the same for us up there, but better to leave the ko cup until after the final.

And yes, Glasgow might well have a very big say in it as well.

I rather suspect the weather will have the biggest say in what happens this year

• Like 1

I was one of the Pirates that went to this meeting, wasn't many of us but we were noisy! 

I didn't expect this result, I thought we would struggle but I wasn't banking on the amazing Hume, Danyon was fantastic, best I have seen him ride and deserved heat 15. I spent all evening chatting with his dad which was a bonus, lovely guy and very interesting. Rory looked as fast as I seen him this season, one race  he was nearly half a lap in front. Both Cooks struggled but that didn't matter because Basso was also excellent with a never give up attitude which cost him when he was excluded in one race but he also took a rider in the last bend in another race. Worrall and King were also very good. Heat 9 should not have been all 4 back because Douglas fell on his own but it didn't matter. Poole were always in control and apart from Douglas Leicester were really not firing on all cylinders. Harris looked slow too and although he won an awarded race he didn't show the fighting spirit he showed the other night on a track he usually rides well. Captain Howarth and Morris showed spirit but very few riders in this league could have coped with Rorys speed and that was the foundation of this result in my opinion. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 4

As a Lions fan - I agree with that Summary foreverblue ..... did not expect that result .... really impressed with Danyon Hume and Rory Schlein .... Basso certainly looks a talent.

Disappointed with Harris as guest for Hans .... Track needed more dirt on it tonight to make it harder to ride for the opposition ... no excuses though as the better team deservedly won.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Robbobee said:

As a Lions fan - I agree with that Summary foreverblue ..... did not expect that result .... really impressed with Danyon Hume and Rory Schlein .... Basso certainly looks a talent.

Disappointed with Harris as guest for Hans .... Track needed more dirt on it tonight to make it harder to ride for the opposition ... no excuses though as the better team deservedly won.

More dirt would have helped Harris but considering how he rode for Peterborough he was poor. 

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought in heat 9 Douglas should have been excluded. He fell on his own on the second bend but ref said first bend bunching. 

Steve, didn't see you there last night, or I would have come and said hello. 

Was a pretty good meeting. Best racing I've seen produced at Leicester. 

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

More dirt would have helped Harris but considering how he rode for Peterborough he was poor. 

But according to Shovlar Leicester were favourites having Harris for Hans when quite clearly Hans was the better rider at both tracks ….. Shovlar again spouting this usual crap and bluster 

Harris scored 13 points over 2 legs….. blimey Hans got 11 and 12 in 2 home meetings against Poole

Poole can only beat whats in front of them but they have took the luck when it’s come there way and with a good guest in Zach Cook in the home leg 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Slick dry track step up Rory Schlein.Should have had some dirt different Rory.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I was one of the Pirates that went to this meeting, wasn't many of us but we were noisy! 

Shame Steve didn't go as you could have doubled the noise. :D Well done to Poole anyway.....and I say that through gritted teeth....but there you go,  I am proud to say I have managed it. 

lucifer sam........Steve, didn't see you there last night, or I would have come and said hello. Was a pretty good meeting. Best racing I've seen produced at Leicester.

Good job you didn't spend any time looking because he couldn't make it. 

Edited by Gemini

1 hour ago, Robbobee said:

Bit harsh that your disappointed only with Harris. Looking at the scorecard i'd have been disappointed with all bar Douglas.

Funny old season.

In all honesty, I don't think we were ever going to win the league. 

Very attractive looking team on paper but, for some reason they didn't quite manage to reach their full potential.  Some good racing this year and still nice to finish near the top instead of being the also-rans of years gone by.

15 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

There's a difference between riding against Leicester and riding against the most powerful team in club speedway.

We are only a second division side so we cant be :P

Edited by ray c