British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

But according to Shovlar Leicester were favourites having Harris for Hans when quite clearly Hans was the better rider at both tracks ….. Shovlar again spouting this usual crap and bluster 

Harris scored 13 points over 2 legs….. blimey Hans got 11 and 12 in 2 home meetings against Poole

Poole can only beat whats in front of them but they have took the luck when it’s come there way and with a good guest in Zach Cook in the home leg 

Neither Cooks were any help in the away leg and in my opinion reasonable to think Harris would perform better in the away leg judging by his Premiership Grand Final performances, I don't know why he was below par last night ashe usually performs well at Leicester, I also thought Peterborough would struggle without Hans. but Craig Cook did well. 

Rory apparently aggravated a shoulder injury in the home leg but you wouldn't have noticed last night, he was flying. 

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Shame Steve didn't go as you could have doubled the noise. :D Well done to Poole anyway.....and I say that through gritted teeth....but there you go,  I am proud to say I have managed it. 

Good job you didn't spend any time looking because he couldn't make it. 

Thanks for the congratulations, we were just better than Leicester last night. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Steve, didn't see you there last night, or I would have come and said hello. 

Was a pretty good meeting. Best racing I've seen produced at Leicester. 

I had other plans for yesterday Rob, so didn’t go.  Wish I had gone as the other plans came to nowt.  Luckily Andy put up clips of every heat so I could watch the action more or less as it happened. 

The good news is that whoever we play in the final streams their meetings live, so no 8 hour drive to jock land.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I had other plans for yesterday Rob, so didn’t go.  Wish I had gone as the other plans came to nowt.  Luckily Andy put up clips of every heat so I could watch the action more or less as it happened. 

The good news is that whoever we play in the final streams their meetings live, so no 8 hour drive to jock land.

Edinburgh and Glasgow both have top quality streams as well. Watched two from Glasgow, which also has a bonus of being a top racetrack, and one from Edinburgh, which isn't the best track by a long chalk but the stream is good.

Edited by lucifer sam

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes It is a shame Eurosport do not cover the Championship playoffs, I am sure it would make great TV.

Edited by foreverblue

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s cool, we don’t want you up in “jock land” thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Glug glug glug glug trackprat:t::party::cheers: ☠️☠️

Sorry mate can't play anymore, Shovlar keeps telling tales to the Mods.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You clearly thought we would lose on Saturday & were very pessimistic about the outcome after our narrow win  Wednesday. You must learn to be more positive & have faith!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Did Leicester's local/regional media (Mercury etc) give it much/any coverage?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Supersub said:

You clearly thought we would lose on Saturday & were very pessimistic about the outcome after our narrow win  Wednesday. You must learn to be more positive & have faith!!!

I was pessimistic too especially with Rorys shoulder injury and Harris guesting but I didn't envisage the performance of Hume or Basso. 

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I was pessimistic too especially with Rorys shoulder injury and Harris guesting but I didn't envisage the performance of Hume or Basso. 

I sit with Steve & Rob every week & SS is generally pessimistic & we find it very amusing or should I say frustrating. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Supersub said:

I sit with Steve & Rob every week & SS is generally pessimistic & we find it very amusing or should I say frustrating. 

Nah. You make more of it than I do. I am not overly pessimistic, just more realistic than expecting a 5-1 or 4-2 every heat. :D

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Ah bless. 

Just Paul fans showing how pathetic & petty they are.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nah. You make more of it than I do. I am not overly pessimistic, just more realistic than expecting a 5-1 or 4-2 every heat. :D

B****x, you are always pessimistic-just ask the others, it’s not once or twice, it’s every time we look in danger!!!!