British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

I don’t expect 5-1 or 4-2 every heat but look at the overall picture & have a little optimism & faith but there are riders who are inconsistent at Poole & you rate them too highly, e.g Nick Morris, Hans if he doesn’t gate !! 

1 hour ago, Supersub said:

B****x, you are always pessimistic-just ask the others, it’s not once or twice, it’s every time we look in danger!!!!

He's not the only one who is like that tbh!  I do wonder if it is a middle aged man thing but that does make me sound  a bit sexist and ageist! :unsure:;)

I tend to look at races more optimistically in the playoffs but even I was surprised how Leicester didn't push us a bit more in the second leg. 

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He's not the only one who is like that tbh!  I do wonder if it is a middle aged man thing but that does make me sound  a bit sexist and ageist! :unsure:;)

I tend to look at races more optimistically in the playoffs but even I was surprised how Leicester didn't push us a bit more in the second leg. 

I think if you're pessimistic and you're right with a bad result, you can feel good to a point because you can say, " well I was right", and if the result goes like it did against Leicester you can post how pleased you are that you were wrong, win win situation for the middle aged man. I'm past middle age, unless I break the record for the oldest man ever, so don't know where that leaves me! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I think if you're pessimistic and you're right with a bad result, you can feel good to a point because you can say, " well I was right", and if the result goes like it did against Leicester you can post how pleased you are that you were wrong, win win situation for the middle aged man. I'm past middle age, unless I break the record for the oldest man ever, so don't know where that leaves me! 

True but what if you are not believing in the bad result and just pretending to be pessimistic (as a lot of fans accuse Steve of doing), that must get a bit draining!!

Past middle aged people seem to be a bit more chill and just enjoy the racing?! ;)

3 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Just Paul fans showing how pathetic & petty they are.

That comment says more about you than Poole fans! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That comment says more about you than Poole fans! 

What? I tell tales on myself?

15 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

What? I tell tales on myself?

Makes sense, saves others having to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Bit pathetic calling Poole fans Paul fans 

i bet his mum  forgot to put his medicine in his horlicks tonight:cheers:

Edited by ray c
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, ray c said:

You can't imagine how much he hated us winning Saturday against Leicester 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ray c said:

So now you're hating on people that need a carer? I'm sure the footballers take a knee to prevent this kind of social media bullying, it's not 1960 anymore! (reported)

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

So now you're hating on people that need a carer? I'm sure the footballers take a knee to prevent this kind of social media bullying, it's not 1960 anymore! (reported)

No, they take the knee because they have to put up with trolls using racist language and behaviour towards them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No, they take the knee because they have to put up with trolls using racist language and behaviour towards them. 

Wrong as normal, it's ANY kind of prejudice.

5 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Wrong as normal, it's ANY kind of prejudice.

Doesn't make Lisa's comment wrong, it is any kind of predudice but racist language and racist behaviour is a big part of why they take the knee. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No not a middle aged man thing, I am not like that and I'm well past middle age!! 

• Like 1