British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

8 minutes ago, justathought said:

What happens if tonights encounter,  Leicester v Scunthorpe,  is called off ? 

Raining in the vicinity of the track at present. 

Golden coin?

2 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Well if successful over 2 legs I assume Poole are going to run on Monday night so not to slow the play offs down .

Isn't Rory's farewell meeting on Monday?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't Rory's farewell meeting on Monday?

Yes it is so can't see Poole running Monday 

• Like 1

Poole will not run on Monday without Rory and Danny,

As Danny Ford has explained - whilst aware of other club's unfortunate circumstances, Poole have agreed to host the first leg on Wednesday for the good of speedway generally despite wanting to host the 2nd leg at home!!

With a KO Cup final to also fit in - as well as Bjarne Pedersen's Farewell meeting - there are only 2 more Wednesdays left (although permission has been given to run on Weds 3rd November if necessary.

Danny Ford on BBC Radio Solent (96.1FM) at 18.50 this evening!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, justathought said:

What happens if tonights encounter,  Leicester v Scunthorpe,  is called off ? 

Raining in the vicinity of the track at present. 

Common sense should prevail and put Leicester through no matter how unfair it is

Time is severely against re-staging meetings.

We have to move on.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Common sense should prevail and put Leicester through no matter how unfair it is

Time is severely against re-staging meetings.

We have to move on.

I agree common sense should prevail. If Leicester can’t get the meeting done tonight, then Scunny should be awarded a 75-0 walkover. But…..the meeting will happen and Leicester will go through

I don't know why they don't make this an 11am kick off... everybody's happy then (except those that aren't)

Glasgow vs Edinburgh :t:

Poole vs Leicester :t:

Confirmed semi finals as both av gone past heat 10.

Now.......will Leicester av a re-think about Saturday???........

Jeez, Lions only just completed enuff heats. PP after heat 11......rain. Crikey don't do that to a Pirate!

7 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Jeez, Lions only just completed enuff heats. PP after heat 11......rain. Crikey don't do that to a Pirate!

I think it was due to lack of will on everybody's part, was only a very light drizzle, match should never have started tbh

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole will not run on Monday without Rory and Danny,

As Danny Ford has explained - whilst aware of other club's unfortunate circumstances, Poole have agreed to host the first leg on Wednesday for the good of speedway generally despite wanting to host the 2nd leg at home!!

With a KO Cup final to also fit in - as well as Bjarne Pedersen's Farewell meeting - there are only 2 more Wednesdays left (although permission has been given to run on Weds 3rd November if necessary.

Danny Ford on BBC Radio Solent (96.1FM) at 18.50 this evening!!

Speedway is not allowed to run past 31st October because thats when all tracks & rider insurance expires so BSPA are not allowed to sanction official fixtures.

7 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Ermmmmmmmmm..............................Leicester are racing at home tonight on a TUESDAY so how is that VIABLE????? I imagine the crowd will be pretty poor as I know a few who attended on Saturday are not going tonight purely because of what happened.

When the weekend was free of other domestic meetings I assumed clubs had been told that they couldn't race or were respecting the SON.

Leicester holding a meeting on Saturday is therefore a tad disrespectful to a major international meeting. Doesn't matter about the start times being different imo!!

What choice did they have? We ended up in a situation where they had to run on a waterlogged track anyway. Under normal circumstances tonights meeting would have been off.

I have no idea what would have happened if it had been postponed? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

What choice did they have? We ended up in a situation where they had to run on a waterlogged track anyway. Under normal circumstances tonights meeting would have been off.

I have no idea what would have happened if it had been postponed? 

Maybe you only get 3 chances to get the meeting done? Though who would have gone through IDK, Leicester cos they are leading or do Scunthorpe get an awarded 75-0??!! 

Edited by lisa-colette
Wrong team lol

1 hour ago, lionsroar said:

Speedway is not allowed to run past 31st October because thats when all tracks & rider insurance expires so BSPA are not allowed to sanction official fixtures.

Edited by Fromafar
Wrong info

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There have meetings in Nov in the past.

Maybe but this season the insurance cut off in 31/10/21 unless the insurance company agree to an extension. 

• Thanks 1