British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leicester Lions Play off semi Final1st Leg 13th October

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf it is only two and Iain ;)

Only 3 at the SoN :drink:

Jason Crump to guest for Rory Schlein on Saturday............and then I woke up.

Can you imagine England playing in the football World Cup final at Wembley while there's an FA Cup semi final going on at Villa Park, I think not... only in Speedway! Smh

Great win for the Pirates. Fantastic meeting with both sides contributing to the entertainment.

48-42 win is a tad close for comfort but I'm confident the Pirates will do the bizzo!

C'mon the Pirates! :t:

Edited by PirateShip

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

Can you imagine England playing in the football World Cup final at Wembley while there's an FA Cup semi final going on at Villa Park, I think not... only in Speedway! Smh

The SON isn't decided until Sunday.   So Saturday is really like the football equivalent of England playing in a World Cup Semi-final at Wembley, while there's a semi-final of the Papa John's Trophy going on at Prenton Park, Tranmere.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

stuck for words ! shouldnt you be out testing the latest Subaru or reliant robin  or better still looking after your sheep s ?

8 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Great win for the Pirates. Fantastic meeting with both sides contributing to the entertainment.

48-42 win is a tad close for comfort but I'm confident the Pirates will do the bizzo!

C'mon the Pirates! :t:

Finely balanced. Definitely going to the second leg.

Oh wait a minute I've got tickets and hotel booked for Manchester.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Finely balanced. Definitely going to the second leg.

Oh wait a minute I've got tickets and hotel booked for Manchester.

Not great fixture planning to be honest 

Edited by justathought
  • Sad 1

I personally don’t think 6 points is enough of a lead to progress. Such a shame we put ourselves in such a position by choosing Leicester. Was always too much of a risk.

Oh well we will have to wait and see. Not the end of the world if we bomb out and I have enjoyed visiting different tracks this year. Certainly we have the best team this year but all it takes is to under perform in one meeting for the season to be over. 

Just nice to be able to attend and watch live racing after the last 18 months of Covid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, justathought said:

Shame you'll miss poole's last meeting of the season. 

Far from the last meeting. KO Cup, Bjarne’s Farewell.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

51 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I personally don’t think 6 points is enough of a lead to progress. Such a shame we put ourselves in such a position by choosing Leicester. Was always too much of a risk.

Oh well we will have to wait and see. Not the end of the world if we bomb out and I have enjoyed visiting different tracks this year. Certainly we have the best team this year but all it takes is to under perform in one meeting for the season to be over. 

Just nice to be able to attend and watch live racing after the last 18 months of Covid.

So, Shoveller, are you against the play-off system?

I would love to know the reasoning riding dan thompson at three becaue i am baffled by it .he scored zero what a waste 

Edited by ray c

prob too ensure ryan douglas got his whack at 2, im sure leicester be way the happier of the 2 sides after last nights core

• Like 1

But surely Douglas would have been more effective at 3 and taking points off their heat leader rather than potentially taking points off Morris? 

• Like 1