British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leicester Lions Play off semi Final1st Leg 13th October

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

What a joke how is Danyon Hume at number 2 so unfair .?  he has done well . The so called world beater Basso has not done anough to stay in the top five so annoying has it easy not fair for me.

I dont think basso world beater by any means  still at least danyon done the business for us tonite 

They both did. Just shows how well Hume has done this season, now he is at 2. Basso still getting used to tracks don't forget. First time at Leicester tonight. Plus Hume is hardly the first RS to move into the 1-5! 

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They both did. Just shows how well Hume has done this season, now he is at 2. Basso still getting used to tracks don't forget. First time at Leicester tonight. Plus Hume is hardly the first RS to move into the 1-5! 

No you are right Lisa but the rule is not right , young Thompson at Leicester is  a prime example.He is a talented young lad who should also of been protected and the likes of Cook, Kennedy,Basso should not get the chance to find there feet at reserve.I believe the likes of Thompson, Hume ( ect) should only move up into the top five in there second season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

No you are right Lisa but the rule is not right , young Thompson at Leicester is  a prime example.He is a talented young lad who should also of been protected and the likes of Cook, Kennedy,Basso should not get the chance to find there feet at reserve.I believe the likes of Thompson, Hume ( ect) should only move up into the top five in there second season.

I take your point and I agree  although we would have won by a bigger margin in this meeting had Hume been at reserve. I will be a very happy Pirate if he is back next season. 

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Thompson is in the main team because of Leicester’s team changes bringing in Anderson and Kennedy,he was reserve before and because Kennedy has not scored that well in the main body of the team briefly and as a reserve.

19 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

Thompson is in the main team because of Leicester’s team changes bringing in Anderson and Kennedy,he was reserve before and because Kennedy has not scored that well in the main body of the team briefly and as a reserve.

I think that given his scoring rate at reserve (5.91) I think it likely he would have pushed Bates or Proctor into reserve had they remained in the team and continued their 2021 form.

12 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I take your point and I agree  although we would have won by a bigger margin in this meeting had Hume been at reserve. I will be a very happy Pirate if he is back next season. 

At the end of the day Blue all riders have to make the step up sometime in a dog/eat /dog world.Really pleased for Danyon that he has made real progress this year his average for next year could be a hindrance for him  hope not.

On 10/17/2021 at 6:57 AM, Sidney the robin said:

Dan Thompson isn't Leicester's RS though, so regardless of the rule he'd have moved up

3 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Dan Thompson isn't Leicester's RS though, so regardless of the rule he'd have moved up

He is a rising star though,which is the point being made about rising star system,it’s not well thought out.Can’t wait to see how they are going to juggle next season.Leicester could make Dan the rising star depending how they build their Team.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 7:18 AM, Marshall07 said:

Should  he of moved up though in this vital stage of his career  that is the question.? you tell me.?