British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leicester Lions Play off semi Final1st Leg 13th October

6 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

prob too ensure ryan douglas got his whack at 2, im sure leicester be way the happier of the 2 sides after last nights core

Could have been more if thompson was at two just an opinion 

• Like 1

Anybody know how “fit” Dan was/is feeling after his off on Tuesday? 
Not difficult to imagine him feeling a tad stiff, to say the least. 

27 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

prob too ensure ryan douglas got his whack at 2, im sure leicester be way the happier of the 2 sides after last nights core

Yes, but you just never know with the playoffs! We drew at BV in 2015 and only just beat them by 2 at home in the end.

Hoping Leicester think they are already through, will really help us. 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I personally don’t think 6 points is enough of a lead to progress. Such a shame we put ourselves in such a position by choosing Leicester. Was always too much of a risk.

Oh well we will have to wait and see. Not the end of the world if we bomb out and I have enjoyed visiting different tracks this year. Certainly we have the best team this year but all it takes is to under perform in one meeting for the season to be over. 

Just nice to be able to attend and watch live racing after the last 18 months of Covid.

Like wot ur saying Steve, :t:

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Finely balanced. Definitely going to the second leg.

Oh wait a minute I've got tickets and hotel booked for Manchester.

Hey, who writes your comedy scripts? I'd sack em if I were u! :rofl:

That attempt at humour was as bad as being in a crowded lift when someone else drops a mahoosive wet fart! :rofl:

Oh dear I'm being juvenile again! :party:

No your being an arse again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

But surely Douglas would have been more effective at 3 and taking points off their heat leader rather than potentially taking points off Morris? 

I assume the logic being that Thompson probably wouldn’t take points off either so he’s effectively been a sacrificial lamb at no.3? 

I assumed it was to keep the Morris/Douglas partnership together.

So both teams put on a reasonable show last night with Leicester the better gating team for once - Poole demonstrating some sluggishness from a lack of racing.

Both teams suffered with either breakdowns (Morris and Harris) or dubious exclusions (King), but overall a fairish 1st leg scoreline. A big shoutout to Pirates guest Zach Cook plus his 'helpers' in the pits - Chris and jack Holder and Brady Kurtz!:t:

As soon as Dickson knew of Poole's revised line-up with Rising Star Danyon Hume going to 2, he shrewdly rejigged the Lions 1-7 with Douglas in at 2, which would have worked a dream in heat one had Morris not suffered ignition problems whilst leading heat one. Unfortunately with Lions only having 5 scoring riders it just wasn't enough.

As for the 2nd leg, Promoter Danny Ford's comments in the post-match press conference suggested that Poole have still not agreed to the Saturday fixture!!?  Watch this space for further details of Rory's injury progress and what facility Poole will use on Saturday - assuming it goes ahead?!

35 minutes ago, Gazc said:

No your being an arse again.

Oh, I've upgraded......maybe coz I'm sh*t hot at the craic! :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So both teams put on a reasonable show last night with Leicester the better gating team for once - Poole demonstrating some sluggishness from a lack of racing.

Both teams suffered with either breakdowns (Morris and Harris) or dubious exclusions (King), but overall a fairish 1st leg scoreline. A big shoutout to Pirates guest Zach Cook plus his 'helpers' in the pits - Chris and jack Holder and Brady Kurtz!:t:

As soon as Dickson knew of Poole's revised line-up with Rising Star Danyon Hume going to 2, he shrewdly rejigged the Lions 1-7 with Douglas in at 2, which would have worked a dream in heat one had Morris not suffered ignition problems whilst leading heat one. Unfortunately with Lions only having 5 scoring riders it just wasn't enough.

As for the 2nd leg, Promoter Danny Ford's comments in the post-match press conference suggested that Poole have still not agreed to the Saturday fixture!!?  Watch this space for further details of Rory's injury progress and what facility Poole will use on Saturday - assuming it goes ahead?!

Well all information suggest it is still going ahead, it even mentions Saturday on the Poole website , hope Rory will be ok as guest options are very limited due to play off rules .The only rider who seems to fit the rules and would be half decent although nowhere near Rory's standard is Ben Barker in my opinion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well all information suggest it is still going ahead, it even mentions Saturday on the Poole website , hope Rory will be ok as guest options are very limited due to play off rules .The only rider who seems to fit the rules and would be half decent although nowhere near Rory's standard is Ben Barker in my opinion.

There is always Jason Crump - he scored 9 points for the Gladiators at Leicester!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

There is always Jason Crump - he scored 9 points for the Gladiators at Leicester!!!

Yes I did notice JC would fit, but wasn't sure if he was still over here as his season is over and if Seth is still racing out here. 

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Whoever it is will be a downgrade on Schlein.