British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Edinburgh v Glasgow - Friday/Saturday - 15/16 October

2 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Sarcasm pal.. :unsure: 

And anyways… I think Berwick have done damn well for being one of the less well off clubs and we do have a promotion that are trying to move with the times! If we and other teams had the same finances that Glasgow have got then I’m quite sure we’d all manage to match what they have put out! 

We have nice dressing rooms Sarah lol 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, spt82 said:

I've never seen more 'what ifs' before than were in your original post. 

To ask the question what if the match had been ridden on an actual speedway track is an absolutely ridiculous comment.

Not ridiculous at all.  An open question.  Its a discussion forum.  It's got you talking.

The 'what ifs' were also balanced out e.g. I mentioned that Brennan cancelled out Ostergaard, and Nowak cancelled out Sedgmen.  Again, it's a discussion forum.  If you don't like discussion then maybe don't use a discussion forum.

1 minute ago, GS550 said:

Not ridiculous at all.  An open question.  Its a discussion forum.  It's got you talking.

The 'what ifs' were also balanced out e.g. I mentioned that Brennan cancelled out Ostergaard, and Nowak cancelled out Sedgmen.  Again, it's a discussion forum.  If you don't like discussion then maybe don't use a discussion forum.

Sour grapes to me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

But you knew how to ride the trick track in the league, when you won

perhaps they should have just used the result from the league match, then there would have been no need to run this match at all

Who is "you"??

I only asked an open question.

2 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Sour grapes to me

Looks like you're bodyswerving the question to me.  Nothing to do with grapes, apples, or any other fruit or food product.  Only asked an open question.

Maybe there should be a ban on postage stamp tracks, not for one particular team but for the sake of the sport generally.  Maybe not, its an open question.

Ok, Glasgow had an awful meeting, it happens, Monarchs were up for it and deserved to go through to the final, Edinburgh is not a trick track but is a technical one , and often riders see it for the first time and it gets in their heads, took Josh G a few years to get round it, as for Tom , he has been brought up riding another technical track at Eastbourne, so adapted easily and for some of the comments on here that Tom was cheating in heat 15 by falling off because we were losing on a 5-1, give your heads a wobble as Tom gives 100% and is still young , he made a mistake, no way would he risk an injury by deliberately falling off when he has some big meetings coming up. Edinburgh have 3 solid heat leaders and a very impressive second string in Kye Thomson, Glasgow have 1 heatleader since Ulrich was injured and have done well to finish 2nd in the league, I reckon the Monarchs are peaking at the right time and will go all the way , and good luck to them. Please stop with the money men can't buy a league title crap, us fans have been through extremely difficult times over the years and are happy to be secure that we have a team each year to follow. I Don't mind a bit of banter but some of it is below the belt, football type stuff, such as the unwashed weegies, not funny. Rant over

• Like 6

If we are to stand a chance tonight it starts from the gate. The most important part of a race at Armadale is between there and exiting bend 2/back straight. Come out ahead of them and you force them to make passes which few will other than Masters and Pickering. The other is watching each heat, seeing the track change and reading the racing. When the Monarchs are hammering round the outside at speed in the later heats yet Wells and Nicol persist at a snails pace on the dead inside line, wtf! Time to stand up, all of them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

It states on Speedway Updates that Edinburgh have now qualified to play Poole in the final and have even suggested the dates.  

They have.!

18 minutes ago, GS550 said:

Looks like you're bodyswerving the question to me.  Nothing to do with grapes, apples, or any other fruit or food product.  Only asked an open question.

Maybe there should be a ban on postage stamp tracks, not for one particular team but for the sake of the sport generally.  Maybe not, its an open question.

What a load of nonsense! 

34 minutes ago, GS550 said:

So where do you think the match should've taken place? Of course the outcome would've been different on another track but again seems a pointless question to ask.

As for Nowak cancelling out Sedgmen, I seem to remember Sedgy getting a max in his final match at Ashfield, so maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

But Poole haven't beat Leicester yet

KO cup final.

Sorry just been informed it is the K/O Cup. My mistake.

• Like 1

That’s the play off,last night was KO Cup.Poole already in final.

14 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Talking about KO cup final